Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHot Oil Treatment in The Sauna

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeanie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Oil Treatment in The Sauna
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:18am
Got a beauty book that suggested spraying olive oil on the hair before going in the sauna - your own "homemade" hot oil treatment!Does anyone know of any other hair/beauty routines that I could do utilizing the heat/steam that a sauna provides?Thanks! Jeanie
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:18am
Hi,I would love to know the name of the book so I can check it out.I have my own massage therapist massage Aveda's Beautifying Oil into my scalp when she gets to the head/scalp area of the massage.I would think that you could do that and then go sit in a sauna and let the oil absorb into the hair and scalp while you enjoy the heat.Rather than just spraying olive oil could also make your own scalp oil using aromatherapy oils (like rosemary or basil) in an olive or almond oil base and mix it in a little plastic bottle and then apply it to your hair and scalp and massage your scalp while you are in the sauna.You could also give youself a facial massage using special aromatherapy oils for your skin.Sitting in the suana would also open the pores or your skin so after you get out of the sauna you could apply a good mask that would probably work really well on your open pores.Aromatherapy oils that are good for the head/scalp/hair:Rosemary, basil, burdock, birch, lavender, nettle, meadowsweet, sage, marigold and thyme...to name a few. You can also always add a few drops of ylang ylang for a wonderful relaxing and great aroma.If you don't want to mess with mixing it yourself you can use Aveda's Beautifying oil which contains a lot of the great aromatherapy oils in a heavy jojoba oil base which is excellent for the hair.Hope this helps.Karen> Got a beauty book that suggested spraying olive oil on> the hair before going in the sauna - your own> "homemade" hot oil treatment!> Does anyone know of any other hair/beauty routines> that I could do utilizing the heat/steam that a sauna> provides?> Thanks! Jeanie
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic