Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed new cut for fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need new cut for fine hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:19am
I have baby fine, brown, hair that is currently is just about shoulder length. It is a basic bob style, and all one lenght. I have a long, oval face and am looking for a new haircut. I had long layers before with some angling. This style was ok but made my hair look thin on the ends. Should I layer or not, how much should I cut? Please help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please post and or email me at nap19@aol.com. Thank you.
Nancy
Neil View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:21am
> I have baby fine, brown, hair that is currently is> just about shoulder length. It is a basic bob style,> and all one lenght. I have a long, oval face and am> looking for a new haircut. I had long layers before> with some angling. This style was ok but made my hair> look thin on the ends. Should I layer or not, how much> should I cut? Please help. Any suggestions would be> appreciated. Please post and or email me at> nap19@aol.com. Thank you.Hi Nancy,You sort of answered your own question. You said the layers made your baby fine hair look thin on the ends. If that is NOT the look you want, then layers seems to be the wrong thing to do. I would think you would want to keep as much bulk and appearance of thickness as possible and that would be with a blunt cut. If you want a change, go to a shorter bob style, maybe chin length, but you might want to try some fullness or roundness at that length to off-set your long, oval face shape.You didn't say if you have or might want to consider bangs or adding some wispy layers at the front to soften the look around your face. You may want to try some wispy bangs. That may help to off-set your face shape too.Asymmetrical bob styles can be very flattering. The nice thing about that style is if you become tired of having different lengths of hair you can always have it cut to the length of the shorter side for another new look.Also, bold chunks/streaks of another color in a bob style are being shown on styles.Unless you plan to go short all over, DON'T DO LAYERS!! Hope this helps.Neil
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:23am
Hi Nancy,I have the same baby fine hair(I fell into the layer "DO" as well the same happened to me ,I've an oval face too and went for a super blunt bob my hair looks twice as thick & if I don't blow dry it it waves really nicely, this is only a suggestion but you could try on a bobbed wig to see how you like it before you go for the chop!, but bobs super blunt on fine hair bulk it out as it gives a solid look.Good Luck,Simone.(C).> Hi Nancy,> You sort of answered your own question. You said the> layers made your baby fine hair look thin on the ends.> If that is NOT the look you want, then layers seems to> be the wrong thing to do. I would think you would want> to keep as much bulk and appearance of thickness as> possible and that would be with a blunt cut. If you> want a change, go to a shorter bob style, maybe chin> length, but you might want to try some fullness or> roundness at that length to off-set your long, oval> face shape.> You didn't say if you have or might want to consider> bangs or adding some wispy layers at the front to> soften the look around your face. You may want to try> some wispy bangs. That may help to off-set your face> shape too.> Asymmetrical bob styles can be very flattering. The> nice thing about that style is if you become tired of> having different lengths of hair you can always have> it cut to the length of the shorter side for another> new look.> Also, bold chunks/streaks of another color in a bob> style are being shown on styles.> Unless you plan to go short all over, DON'T DO> LAYERS!! Hope this helps.> Neil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic