Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddry brittle dyed iron water permed hair Help?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dry brittle dyed iron water permed hair Help?!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:20am
Hi. I had such a positive experience with your site that When my Mom was frantic about her hair I told her I would ask questions for her problem.She is 53. She has dry brittle breaking hair. She has dyed it blonde for as long as I can remember. (it is probably a shade of dark blond or maybe even light brown, who knows?)She also gets it permed once or twice a year because she doesn't like it flat. She also has bad iron water from her well. She gets regular trims but it is getting to the point where she will have nothing left to trim. It is the shortest it has ever been due to the breakage and the trims to try to eliminate the breakage. It also looks very dry.I have suggested to her trying to regain her natural color and try highlighting to lighten it like she likes and just redoing the root regrowth. However we didn't know how to go from a all over color to highlights. Do you dye the hair darker like it is naturally and then highlight? As far as waiting till it grew in, I don't think she could take the roots. Or is there a different alternative altogether? Also what does she do to grow back some of the length she has lost and do you recomend any products for her problems with her hair. She is not happy with how short it has become.Also she is on estrogen. How does this affect hair? Hopefully in a positive way. She has no known health problems that would affect her hair.She really does need help!Thanks,Karen H.
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Debi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:20am
> Hi. I had such a positive experience with your site> that When my Mom was frantic about her hair I told her> I would ask questions for her problem.> She is 53. She has dry brittle breaking hair. She has> dyed it blonde for as long as I can remember. (it is> probably a shade of dark blond or maybe even light> brown, who knows?)> She also gets it permed once or twice a year because> she doesn't like it flat. She also has bad iron water> from her well. She gets regular trims but it is> getting to the point where she will have nothing left> to trim. It is the shortest it has ever been due to> the breakage and the trims to try to eliminate the> breakage. It also looks very dry.> I have suggested to her trying to regain her natural> color and try highlighting to lighten it like she> likes and just redoing the root regrowth. However we> didn't know how to go from a all over color to> highlights. Do you dye the hair darker like it is> naturally and then highlight? As far as waiting till> it grew in, I don't think she could take the roots. Or> is there a different alternative altogether? Also what> does she do to grow back some of the length she has> lost and do you recomend any products for her problems> with her hair. She is not happy with how short it has> become.> Also she is on estrogen. How does this affect hair?> Hopefully in a positive way. She has no known health> problems that would affect her hair.> She really does need help!> Thanks,> Karen H.Check out the website www.malibu2000.com They have amazing products specifically for colored/permed hair washed in well water. You start with an in-salon treatment which is incredibly effective (and very inexpensive) at removing the built-up mineral deposits. If she could get one of these every time she goes in for a trim, it would help prevent the build-up that's causing the brittleness. (She'll have to find a salon that carries this product line. If you have a Trade Secrets Salon nearby, they offer the service.) It will also help keep her color brighter longer. Then they have the shampoo and conditioner to use daily to maintain it after the in-salon treatment. Her hair will feel like silk after just one of treatments. These products REALLY work. I'm also on well water and could not do without this product line. Best of luck to her! Debi
MiladyC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic