Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEyelash Tint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyelash Tint
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:20am
Hey, everyone!Quick question: I'm thinking about getting my eyelashes dyed dark brown or black. I'm hoping to eliminate the need for mascara. Will tinting them accomplish this? They're already dark, just a little on the skimpy side. I'm hoping the dye will thicken them up a little.Has anyone had this done? Obviously I'd go to a professional....Thanks,Ally
Serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:20am
My friend had this done and it looked great, but it only lasted a while because lashes are always falling out and regrowing. You should also be aware that the FDA does not aprove hair dye for this pupose because any dye that accidentally gets into the eye coud cause permenant damage. I've heard the procedure is actually illegal in some states but that the law is not enforced so salons do it anyway.
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:21am
Thanks, Serena! The idea of permanent, no-smudge mascara is soooooo tempting!Ally
ggggg View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:21am
My girlfriend used to have her eyelashes dyed. It didn't make them thicker -- just darker.I live in NJ and it is illegal now to do it here. I have never seen a salon in NJ do that since it became illegal.I also saw a show some time ago on TV (it was a cooking show) which was cooking up octopus. The cook mentioned that you can use the octopus ink to dye your eyelashes - just apply it with a q-tip.I have never tried this but always kept it in the back of my mind.Hope this helps,ggggg
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:22am
I had my eyelashes tinted before and could barely notice the difference. I had them tinted because I hated using mascara when I went to work out but it did not have the effect I wanted. My eyelashes were a little darker but I still had to curl them and they weren't thick or lush looking at all.Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic