Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo Karen: URL, Relaxer Article, et al.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Karen: URL, Relaxer Article, et al.
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
Dear Karen,I am glad to know that you have been well and busy as usual. I would like to have the URL you mentioned. It sounds wonderful. Are you creative or what? [big grin]I also wanted to tell you that I thought your article on relaxers was terrific. It was extremely informative and well written. I hope that anyone who has or is contemplating a relaxer will read it. As someone who used to use relaxers, I consider myself very fortunate to have had a professional perform the service.I was especially glad that you mentioned that a relaxer should only be applied to new growth, limit the service to every three months if at all possible, and to CONDITION, CONDITION, CONDITION. Moreover, the assertion that it is better to wait to color your hair is very important, too. There is a new line of products which have been developed to do both at one time, that is, relax and color. I am sure that some consumers have had success with these, but realize these relaxer-color combos are in their infancy, so beware. A friend of mine, Tasha, recently wanted to trade in her gorgeous black locks for some sassy red ones and had her stylist use one of these products. Her hair was not damaged severely, but her hair was much, much drier than if she had just used the relaxer alone.Anyway, I am looking forward to the new discussion forums and the new board. The lag times have really tested my patience at times:)I am glad to see that so many people are making suggestions. Let's keep it coming!Take care and thanks for the hug:)Jade21
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
Hi Jade21,Thank you for all your great info on relaxers. I have been asked to write two follow up articles on texturers and also special "post treatment" so all the great feedback I am getting about the first article has been so helpful.I will send you the URL to my new site privately. It is my business site and deals with telecommunications & telephony which would probably bore many. :-)Thanks for your patience on the "lag" times. We are currently waging a campaign to Internic to try and get the move finished. It has been dragging on for almost 3 week and I am ready to tear my hair out. :-) Not really, but you know what I mean.Thanks for caring so much about HB and HT and for being a loyal visitor, even during the problems we have been having.Best wishes,Karen> Dear Karen,> I am glad to know that you have been well and busy as> usual. I would like to have the URL you mentioned. It> sounds wonderful. Are you creative or what? [big grin]> I also wanted to tell you that I thought your article> on relaxers was terrific. It was extremely informative> and well written. I hope that anyone who has or is> contemplating a relaxer will read it. As someone who> used to use relaxers, I consider myself very fortunate> to have had a professional perform the service.> I was especially glad that you mentioned that a> relaxer should only be applied to new growth, limit> the service to every three months if at all possible,> and to CONDITION, CONDITION, CONDITION. Moreover, the> assertion that it is better to wait to color your hair> is very important, too. There is a new line of> products which have been developed to do both at one> time, that is, relax and color. I am sure that some> consumers have had success with these, but realize> these relaxer-color combos are in their infancy, so> beware. A friend of mine, Tasha, recently wanted to> trade in her gorgeous black locks for some sassy red> ones and had her stylist use one of these products.> Her hair was not damaged severely, but her hair was> much, much drier than if she had just used the relaxer> alone.> Anyway, I am looking forward to the new discussion> forums and the new board. The lag times have really> tested my patience at times:)I am glad to see that so> many people are making suggestions. Let's keep it> coming!> Take care and thanks for the hug:)> Jade21
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic