Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUneven Hair Thickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelly F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uneven Hair Thickness
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:51am
Hi all..this is a strange question, but I was wondering if anyone has the same problem I do. For some reason, my hair is most definitely thicker and fuller on the left side, while the right side seems to have only 1/2 as much hair. I can't figure out why other than years ago I used to blow dry the right side up and away from my face & thought maybe I damaged the hair follicles some way. But it's been years since I've done this & the hair is still thin on that side. Does anyone experience this and is there any way to get it to grow back as thick as it is on the other side? It's not something that anyone else could notice, but when I style my hair, I most definitely can tell. I'd like to fix it!! Thanks! Kelly F.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
> Hi, Kelly!Your question isn't strange at all. I was just concerned about your hair on the one side. Are u sure that it really only has 1/2 as much hair? I think that if that were true people would have noticed by now. It could be the blowdrying from long ago, but I think with some special attention to that side, the situation could improve.I had something similar, but not as severe, about three years ago. I noticed that the left side of my hair was defintely not as full and really appeared to be flat and lifeless, when compared to the right. I figured that it could be my sleep position. I had read something about this in a magazine. What bothered me so much was that I started noticing breakage around my temple on the left side.To remedy the situation, I adjusted my sleep position. This was not easy. I always start to sleep on my stomach, but I always awaken on my back, slightly toward the left side. So, what I did was position my extra pillows to sort of break the lean on the left side. Sometimes, my hair may be a little mussed on the left, but no more breakage.All the Best,Jade21Hi all..this is a strange question, but I was> wondering if anyone has the same problem I do. For> some reason, my hair is most definitely thicker and> fuller on the left side, while the right side seems to> have only 1/2 as much hair. I can't figure out why> other than years ago I used to blow dry the right side> up and away from my face & thought maybe I damaged> the hair follicles some way. But it's been years since> I've done this & the hair is still thin on that> side. Does anyone experience this and is there any way> to get it to grow back as thick as it is on the other> side? It's not something that anyone else could> notice, but when I style my hair, I most definitely> can tell. I'd like to fix it!! Thanks! Kelly F.
Kelly F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
Thanks, Jade. I, too, also have what appears to be broken hairs at my right temple area. I can't figure out if it's new growth or breakage. I will take your advice & see about my sleep arrangement. That just happens to be the side I sleep on so maybe there is something to that. Thanks for the input! Kelly F.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic