Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockednexxus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nexxus
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
hi everyone! i have been hearing a lot of bad things about nexxus products lately. does anyone have any opinions on nexxus? i have tried tons of products, and nexxus is the only one i like! i want to know if it could be doing damage to my hair.
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:53am
I don't think that Nexxus products are bad at all! I'm using a generic version of them (not the Suave one, though) and have been thrilled with them. From what I understand, as long as you alternate them with other products or use a clarifying shampoo occasionally they're just fine.
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:53am
My opinion on Nexxus: Passe Mediocre Not enough results to justify the expense. I truly don't want to annoy anyone with those words. It's just what comes to mind from my experiences with the line. Certainly not harmful though. If it is working for you and you are enjoying it, by all means don't change unless it becomes no longer gratifying to you. I find that there is such diversity in hair types, habits, styling methods, etc. that there can't really be just one "right" line. That's part of what is wrong with the "concept salon" idea that Aveda so strongly advocates. Problem is, when a stylist limits themself soley to one line they miss out on learning from experiencing other lines. I have been going to product knowlage classes for so many years and am so happy to be able to learn instead by reading peoples comments about the products they use. Thanks, all you who post, for the valuable info. Paula
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:53am
That's right! Just alternate ONCE IN A WHILE with a trusted product (shampoo-wise, I don't see a need with the Humectress conditioner) that doesn't contain fixatives or silicones (the silicones are my opinion only, but I do think it's like having fixatives in your hair, and won't let the fixative build-up wash out). I love it, too!I've only had luck with the real products, not generic, but I haven't tried the generic from Sally's, so it probably is great. Hope I've been of help.
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:54am
thanks everyone! i heard that there are a lot of waxes in nexxus products that can actually dry out you hair. i am trying to let my hair grow, so i am worried about damage! but i think i will stick with nexxus!
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:56am
Hi Amy,Can you tell me if you heard that "waxes can dry out your hair" from a hairstylist, and if so, did the salon that he/she works at actually sell the products (with other products, I assume)? I'm just curious where you got the info from. Thanks!Holly
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:56am
Sorry, I should have been more clear- I was talking about if it was a stylist, then did they sell Nexxus along with other products, or did they not sell Nexxus at all.Thanks again.Holly
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:56am
hi holly! i actually heard that from a friend. i'm not sure where she got that info from. i'll check with her. she said that when a product has too much stuff that coats your hair in it, it prevents the hair from getting moisture. i also have seen posts on the beauty store webpage talking about nexxus products being bad. but they do not carry nexxus at their on-line store. sometimes i hear so many different opinions on which products are good, bad, ect. that it makes me want to scream!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic