Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVinegar, lemon juice or beer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mickhael from WWBS View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickhael from WWBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinegar, lemon juice or beer?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:06am
Hi Elisabella!Of the three the vinegar rinse is the safest bet as ituses a low pH to lock down the rough outer hair layer (cuticle)imparting shine, eliminating tangles and temporarily sealing split ends. Beer has enzymes that can be restorative for hair, however, they must be broken down into the right molecular size and weight in order to be readily absorbed into the hairshaft where they can do some good - Back to Basics has a line of beer enzyme-based shampoos that are hair specific, as opposed to beer thatis, well, uh...stomach and brain specific. :)If you want to get the benefit of a vinegar rinse without smelling like a salad, try Infusium 23 in the professionalformula. While it does not contain vinegar it mimics the same low pH with natural citric acids that will not harm your hair like lemon juice.In your service,Mickhael> I have long, blonde color-treated hair. Would the> vinegar rinse hurt the color on my hair? Would the> lemon juice lighten my hair too much? What would the> beer do? Plus, how long would I leave it on (the best> one for my hair)? Any info. would be greatly> appreciated.
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:05am
I have long, blonde color-treated hair. Would the vinegar rinse hurt the color on my hair? Would the lemon juice lighten my hair too much? What would the beer do? Plus, how long would I leave it on (the best one for my hair)? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic