Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStyle dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Style dilemma
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:08am
I am 24 years old have shoulder-length dark brown. My hair is all one length, very thick with a natural wave. My face is between round and oval with prominant cheekbones. I have a large-boned build with a long neck and broad shoulders.I am a graduate student without much time to mess with my hair but I would still like some style. This is the longest my hair has been in about 3 years and I really am not a long hair person. I liked the chin length bob I had for years but want something different. Any suggestions?Is short hair better because of my hair's weight? I hesitate to cut it because my build makes me look rather masculine with too short hair.Thanks !
Mickhael from WWBS View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickhael from WWBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:08am
Hi Lisa,Have your hairdresser create a sleek bob for you then have them perform the following to add interesting layers that will provide you with a multitude of easy and stylish looks.Then add "Logical Layers" to your "Bob". You can see the layers for a tosseled "Magazine" look orwithout any effort smooth them into a ready to conduct business look. Theway the layers are achieved is by having your hairdresser comb all the hairstraight up from the sides and back, and when the hair from thesides and back fall out of the comb or fingers that is where the hair ontop is to be trimmed evenly at 90 degrees. You will be amazed at thedifferent looks & volume this cut will avail to you and your hair,while still maintaining your bob length!Now the next instructions are for for your HAIRDRESSER ONLY!After you perform the layered cut above you may wish to perform a texturetechnique in the opposite direction. Comb all of the hair on top forward,then starting at the crown (with you standing behind the client) sectionoff hair in one inch section holding them up and at 45 degree angles towardyou. Then starting at midshaft lightly employ a notched razor at a 45degree relationship to the hairshaft itself and in one stroke slide therazor to the ends. Repeat this technique moving forward in the crown untilyou start to get into the shorter/finer hair at the forehead, then stop.One of the best razors that has come out for this technique (and alsoundercutting) is produced in joint venture by Oster and Remington, ask yourproduct rep about it and any videos of techniques that may come with it.Good Luck!In your service,Mickhael> I am 24 years old have shoulder-length dark brown. My> hair is all one length, very thick with a natural> wave. My face is between round and oval with prominant> cheekbones. I have a large-boned build with a long> neck and broad shoulders.> I am a graduate student without much time to mess with> my hair but I would still like some style. This is the> longest my hair has been in about 3 years and I really> am not a long hair person. I liked the chin length bob> I had for years but want something different. Any> suggestions?> Is short hair better because of my hair's weight? I> hesitate to cut it because my build makes me look> rather masculine with too short hair.> Thanks !
jennifer j View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
> Hi Lisa,> Have your hairdresser create a sleek bob for you then> have them perform the following to add interesting> layers that will provide you with a multitude of easy> and stylish looks.>> Then add "Logical Layers" to your> "Bob". > Now the next instructions are for for your HAIRDRESSER> ONLY!> After you perform the layered cut above you may wish> to perform a texture technique in the opposite direction.And prepare for a styling nightmare.Sorry Mickhael, I know that you probably know a lot more about hair than I do, but I have thick wavy hair like Lisa does and believe me... layers are a *disaster* on hair like mine. They never naturally curl sweetly up in a way that looks cute and elegant... instead if you don't set or carefully blow-dry them every day they stick out in all kinds of funny directions. Yuck! Believe me... the last thing a person with thick, wavy hair needs is more "volume".Lisa, I'd suggest a slightly longer than chin-length bob, that should give you enough length to put it up, or pin it back behind your ears (which looks soooo cute these days!). Really with all the barettes and clips and styling looks out there right now, a bob works great because it's versatile, doesn't need to be trimmed all the time and yet is easy to keep looking nice on a daily basis.Good luck.-jj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic