Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEthel about Bronner"s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ethel about Bronner"s
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
I recently bought some of the soap, but am confused about all the directions and dribble on the package. What recipe do you use for your shampoo.What is panthenol?I added Jojoba oil, olive oil, aloe vera gel. It still doesn't do whatI want. I want softer, stronger hair. Will pantehnol do this for me?
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
> I recently bought some of the soap, but am confused> about all the directions and dribble on the package.> What recipe do you use for your shampoo.> What is panthenol?> I added Jojoba oil, olive oil, aloe vera gel. It still> doesn't do whatI want. I want softer, stronger hair.> Will pantehnol do this for me?Panthenol is pro-vitamin B5. That is, it is converted to pantothenic acid (or Vitamin B5) when you use on your skin or take it in pill or capsule form. Pantene Pro-V gets it's name from panthenol pro-vitamin. I mixed 1/2 of an ounce jar of panthenol into an 8oz. bottle of the soap and it works fine for me. Besides being great for the hair, it is also very good for the skin. In addition to its other benefits, it is a very good moisturizer for both hair and skin. As always, you have to mix it with another product. Panthenol did all those things and more for my hair. The only other thing I use besides shampoo and conditioner is a little jojoba oil every day because my hair is extremely fine and dry and I also use a blow dryer. NOW sells that too, on the web at DNF at the best prices you'll find anywhere. Just check it out. I'm so glad I found their site!
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
> Panthenol is pro-vitamin B5. That is, it is converted> to pantothenic acid (or Vitamin B5) when you use on> your skin or take it in pill or capsule form. Pantene> Pro-V gets it's name from panthenol pro-vitamin. I> mixed 1/2 of an ounce jar of panthenol into an 8oz.> bottle of the soap and it works fine for me. Besides> being great for the hair, panthenol is also very good> for the skin. In addition to its other benefits, it is > a very good moisturizer for both hair and skin. As> always, you have to mix it with another product.> Panthenol did all those things and more for my hair. The > only other thing I use besides shampoo and conditioner is > a little jojoba oil every day because my hair is> extremely fine and dry and I also use a blow dryer.> NOW sells that too, on the web at DNF at the best> prices you'll find anywhere. Just check it out. I'm so> glad I found their site!
me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:12am
What type of hair do you have?I know that on this board, Pantene is trashed as being bad for your hair. Will this Panthenol cause build up?How long will it take for me to see results on my hair with the panthenol. You know the moisture, and softness?I recently shaved my hair literally. Saturday I cut all my relaxed hair off. Yeah!!! I now have 1/2 inch of naturally curlykinkycoily afro. I love it. I like the waves, and curls that I brush into it. The entire purpose of my cuttingit off is to grow it out nautrally long. Afro hair is notorius for breaking off and being dry. Will this help to make it softer and stronger so that it won't break?Sorry for the ?'s, but You have peaked my interest with this panthenol.
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:12am
> What type of hair do you have?> I know that on this board, Pantene is trashed as being> bad for your hair. Will this Panthenol cause build up?> How long will it take for me to see results on my hair> with the panthenol. You know the moisture, and> softness?> I recently shaved my hair literally. Saturday I cut> all my relaxed hair off. Yeah!!! I now have 1/2 inch> of naturally curlykinkycoily afro. I love it. I like> the waves, and curls that I brush into it. The entire> purpose of my cuttingit off is to grow it out> nautrally long. Afro hair is notorius for breaking off> and being dry. Will this help to make it softer and> stronger so that it won't break?> Sorry for the ?'s, but You have peaked my interest> with this panthenol.I, too, am African-American with the the typical hair that goes with my racial persuasion, except that my hair is extremely baby-fine, extremely soft, and thin. A lot of humidity would send it into instant "Afro-dom", and if I didn't use a final spray like Freeman's Big, Thick Hair Spritzer, the slightest breeze would whip it into a frenzy. Yes, my hair broke off terribly, along the shaft and at the ends, until I started adding panthenol to my shampoo and conditioner. Now I can barely find any hairs, broken or otherwise, in my comb or brush. I only started using the panthenol about three or four weeks ago, so I should expect to notice my hair getting longer soon, since it is no longer breaking off or coming out. I would give anything if it were coarser, thicker and stronger, but I am thankful that I was given any hair at all and I accept what I have. I search for ways to do the best with what I have since it would be silly to waste time just longing for something I'll never have. Another good site to browse for info on hair and skin is www.skinbiology.com. It was there that my interest in panthenol was first piqued. Last weekend I bought and used Aubrey's B5 Design Gel and I just love the way it left my hair. The second ingredient in it is ... you guessed it ... panthenol. I put it on my slightly towel-dried hair and used the blow-dryer and a very wide-toothed comb. Before it was completely dry, I rubbed in a little jojo oil and brushed my hair back smooth, into a snug ponytail and I use clips to hold the ends up straight against my head as my hair air-dried. Later, when I let it loose, all except a little of the edges were almost completely straight. The gel is also available at health food stores. P. S. I don't mind the questions at all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic