Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedrelax kinky hair -Wave Nouveau

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
seena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: relax kinky hair -Wave Nouveau
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:20am
A lot of people haven't heard about "Wave Nouveau" perms, but they are great for people with really tight, curly, kinky hair. I have naturally really, really tight curly hair that used to be soo hard to deal with. The Wave Nouveau perm relaxed my hair, and defined the curl so that it was more spirally and less frizzy. It's cool, because I can keep relatively long hair, and still have it relaxed.My hairdresser first relaxes my hair with the chemicals until my hair is just about totally straight. Then she puts the perm solution in, and rolls my hair into curlers. When we take it out of the rollers, my hair has softer, more spirally curls, instead of kinky curls.
KPG View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:20am
> I'm glad that you have had great succes with Wavn NOuveau. It is no more than a glorified Jheri curl. My hairdresser simply refuses to put any two step processess in my hair. I'm glad too. mY hair can barely stand the one step relaxer.
Raices View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raices Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:21am
Please take caution with the wave nouveau. So many professionals do not recommend it. Andre Walker, Oprah Winfrey's award winning stylist, says that "these perms contain ammonium thioglycolate and require a highly damaging two-step process: straightening the hair, rinsing it and then rolling it on rods and saturating it with even more solution...If you indulge in them, instead of boasting a head full of curls, you'll be showing off a head full of Brillo. Never put chemical curls on top of relaxed hair---unless of course, you are looking for an expensive way to go bald."Please be careful and best of luck to you! =)
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:22am
You must be very careful with this product. My friend use to use this product until her hair could not take it anymore. She started to see split ends all the way to the root and her hair started to fall out. My mother's beautician told her no way will she use this product in her hair. Please be very careful because this product has its consequences. Your beautician should inform you more about this product.
The present is the past tomorrow. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic