Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My Shea Butter is here!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy Shea Butter is here!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sug' View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sug' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Shea Butter is here!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
Can you telll that I am happy??:) :) :)Anyway, I read the label.NOW Shea Butter100% pure5 oz, $5.99I bought 2. They should keep, because they are sealed with a foil cover.It is "cold processed with no solvents used in the extraction process" (that blows my theory as to the pricing).I'm excited to try it out . I've already used it on my feet and legs. They fell great. (90 degree weather, so I wore a skirt and sandals to work & I'm still one of the most business dressed people here. I love the casual dress code in our office.
Melissa M View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
I was waiting for yours to come in so I could get the scoop and order mine. I have been looking everywhere and the cheapest I could find was $20.00 for 4oz. I am so glad you posted about this site. ThanksMelissa M> Can you telll that I am happy??:) :) :)> Anyway, I read the label.> NOW Shea Butter> 100% pure> 5 oz, $5.99> I bought 2. They should keep, because they are sealed> with a foil cover.> It is "cold processed with no solvents used in> the extraction process" (that blows my theory as> to the pricing).> I'm excited to try it out . I've already used it on my> feet and legs. They fell great. (90 degree weather, so> I wore a skirt and sandals to work & I'm still one> of the most business dressed people here. I love the> casual dress code in our office.
Brittany Potter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brittany Potter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
I was wondering if you can use this in the hair. The sheabutter that is. I had herd it is good for damaged hair.
Melissa M View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
Yes, some people have suggested adding an oil to it and using it as a deep treatment under a heating cap. I have also read that you can add a little after you wash your hair if it is dry/damaged.Melissa M
Melissa M View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
did they send you any type of e-mail confirmation or give you any idea how long it would take? ThanksMelissa M> Can you telll that I am happy??:) :) :)> Anyway, I read the label.> NOW Shea Butter> 100% pure> 5 oz, $5.99> I bought 2. They should keep, because they are sealed> with a foil cover.> It is "cold processed with no solvents used in> the extraction process" (that blows my theory as> to the pricing).> I'm excited to try it out . I've already used it on my> feet and legs. They fell great. (90 degree weather, so> I wore a skirt and sandals to work & I'm still one> of the most business dressed people here. I love the> casual dress code in our office.
curlypie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlypie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
I also order some shea butter from NOW foods. I thought it smelled nasty, was to greasy on my hands, and felt like cold grits, BUT after I tried it on my hair(mixed w/fragrant cocnut oil) I LOVED IT....so I can ignore the icky grit feeling
sug' View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sug' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
I ordered over the phone. Our server was down at work, so I called the number (1-800-541-1121) the first time, and I've called every other time. They took my info over the phonen and shipped in UPS ground. My first order arrived in 3 days. My second order came in 3 days. The first time, I got squirrelly and called them. They gave me the UPS shipping number, and I called UPS to see where my order was.My suggestion, call the number, and get the confirmation and UPS number from them. Call Ups and see when your order is due to arrive. If you ordered yesterday, then your order will go out today.Hope this Helps
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
>Hi, Sug!Glad to know you got a great deal!All the Best,Jade21Can you telll that I am happy??:) :) :)> Anyway, I read the label.> NOW Shea Butter> 100% pure> 5 oz, $5.99> I bought 2. They should keep, because they are sealed> with a foil cover.> It is "cold processed with no solvents used in> the extraction process" (that blows my theory as> to the pricing).> I'm excited to try it out . I've already used it on my> feet and legs. They fell great. (90 degree weather, so> I wore a skirt and sandals to work & I'm still one> of the most business dressed people here. I love the> casual dress code in our office.
jennifer j View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
> I was wondering if you can use this in the hair. The> shea> butter that is. I had herd it is good for damaged> hair.Yup, that's how I use it. Get a fairly small chunk, rub it between my hands to melt it and then run my hands over/through dry hair. Works really great for me... it doesn't leave my hair greasy looking like a lot of oil products.-jennifer j
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:24am
> I also order some shea butter from NOW foods. I> thought it smelled nasty, was to greasy on my hands,> and felt like cold grits, BUT after I tried it on my> hair(mixed w/fragrant cocnut oil) I LOVED IT....so I> can ignore the icky grit feelingI got rid of the gritty texture by placing the jar in a container of very hot water and melting it thoroughly, until all the white particles disappeared. Then I eliminated the smell by stirring in a few drops of lavender essential oil. When it hardened again, the grit was gone and it felt and smelled much better. Now, I like the way my hair smells, as well as the way it feels and looks.
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:25am
"Sug,I was so glad to read that you Shea butter was 100% pure and thr price that you paid for it was SOOO reasonable. If I order it, I'll order from DNF. Thanks again for ALL of you information!Sherry~> Can you telll that I am happy??:) :) :)> Anyway, I read the label.> NOW Shea Butter> 100% pure> 5 oz, $5.99> I bought 2. They should keep, because they are sealed> with a foil cover.> It is "cold processed with no solvents used in> the extraction process" (that blows my theory as> to the pricing).> I'm excited to try it out . I've already used it on my> feet and legs. They fell great. (90 degree weather, so> I wore a skirt and sandals to work & I'm still one> of the most business dressed people here. I love the> casual dress code in our office.
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:25am
>Great idea I did the same thing and added some essentialoils to it ....Thanks for sharing..WendyI got rid of the gritty texture by placing the jar in> a container of very hot water and melting it> thoroughly, until all the white particles disappeared.> Then I eliminated the smell by stirring in a few drops> of lavender essential oil. When it hardened again, the> grit was gone and it felt and smelled much better.> Now, I like the way my hair smells, as well as the way> it feels and looks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic