Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShampoos and Conditioners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ramona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shampoos and Conditioners
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:26am
Hello I am African-American and my hair is thick and damaged. Could some recommend any shampoos and conditoners that would help with my problem----both store brands and salon brands.
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:26am
Hi there!Although I don't have African American hair, my hair is curly and damaged. I use ARTec Smoothing Shampoo and COnditioner with intense treatments of the ARTec Moisture PAc. The 'Pac' has a pH of 3.0, so it really closes down the cuticle nicely for a smoother look. Hope this helps--Sherry~> Hello I am African-American and my hair is thick and> damaged. Could some recommend any shampoos and> conditoners that would help with my problem----both> store brands and salon brands.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:26am
> Artec has great products, but I prefer (for my hair type, which is thick, coarse, curly, and somewhat unmanagable) Redkens All Soft Shampoo and Masque. They are very thick and heavy, rich in emollients, and work wonderfully for my hair. For the quality of the product the price is good, and they are available in most salons. The complaint most people have is that they are to heavy and weigh their hair down, but I don't have that problem-they leave my hair soft and lusturous. I hope you like them. These products are not for everyone-they are targeted at people with coarse, wirey hair, no matter what their nationality. P.S. Try the Artec, too. I use the Moisture Pac every other day, alternating with the All Soft Masque, and Artecs Smoothing Shampoo is my second favorite shampoo. Next I will try Phytologie products, which Mickhael at WWBeauty Store has recommemded-ReneeHi there!> Although I don't have African American hair, my hair> is curly and damaged. I use ARTec Smoothing Shampoo> and COnditioner with intense treatments of the ARTec> Moisture PAc. The 'Pac' has a pH of 3.0, so it really> closes down the cuticle nicely for a smoother look.> Hope this helps--> Sherry~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic