Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShirt materials and hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shirt materials and hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:33am
I had on a sweater-type shirt the other day and I noticed that my hair was more "staticy" and more hair actually shed onto the shirt. Is some shirt materials more prone to tugging at hair or causing hair to shed? How do I protect my ends so that when I wear that certain shirt, it doesn't make my hair fall out or get staticy? Is it just me that noticed it?
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:33am
hi wendy....i have noticed that some materials are prone to static and when i wear them i not only have static in my hair, i get a lot of "shocks" during the day. there were some interesting suggestions to control static posted here about a month ago - including running a dryer sheet over your hair.as to whether certain material can cause your hair to shed.... i would guess that most materials do not pull sufficiently hard to do this (except maybe something with metallic threads in it...) i always just assumed that my hair only appears to shed more when i wear sweaters and knits because the loose hairs are held to the material by static instead of just falling to the floor as they might with a slippery material such as silk.if you aren't sure, you could always pull your hair up. :)if anyone can "shed" more light on the situation, i would be interested to know... :)JJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic