Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAdvice about perms anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice about perms anyone?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:36am
My face is very very round, and my hair is little over shoulder length, if i got a perm about how many inches would it shrink?? my hair is about 17 inches long. I want the perm because my hair is soooo thin and am sick of look. Any answers would help.
Diane K. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:36am
> My face is very very round, and my hair is little over> shoulder length, if i got a perm about how many inches> would it shrink?? my hair is about 17 inches long. I> want the perm because my hair is soooo thin and am> sick of look. Any answers would help.Hi Ana,There are alot of factors involed with permmimg. So its hard to say without actualy seeing and touching your hair. But I can give you some general specifics if your interested. All perms shrink the hair. One thing to remmember is the tighter the curl the shorter it will be. What I mean is if you have a tinny rod youll get tinny curls and so on.You didnt mention if you had any king of natural wave. A natural wave can make a huge difference in the out come. Also be aware thet perms can be drying. What kind of condition is your hair in, take a good look at the ends as well. Are you willing to have the ends trimed if its dry. You want to be cautious of very thin hair. It must be treated delicatly because it is more prone to damage.Also be aware of pricing and time. Long haired perms can be expensive and time consuming. I would ask a friend where she got her perm at and go with someone you can trust. Ask questions before the actual service then make up your mind.One more thing make sure to get that first trim after about six weeks (just your tippy ends is all). You dont want to be walking around with frazzled ends! ( once your ends are split they can split up higher on the hair shaft as time goes by).I hope Ive been some help to you. If you take care of your perm Im betting Its going to look great!Happy Heathy Hair,Diane K.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic