Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNature's Gate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nature's Gate
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:37am
Hello,I loved the NG reviews by Cher and went looking for it. I found it near my home at Jimbo's (in San Diego area).Hope that helps any Californians looking in places other than Whole Foods.AJ
Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:37am
Hi,I found Nature's Gate at Target in Sacramento. They only had three variations of the shampoo. I bought the original formula. It has worked great for me.Kent
Kent
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:37am
> Hi,> I found Nature's Gate at Target in Sacramento. They> only had three variations of the shampoo. I bought the> original formula. It has worked great for me.> KentActually I buy alot of my NG at Target now. I asked the lady who orders the shampoos to get a bigger variety in and this week I found a few more that I hadn't ever seen before there. You can always try.. they might oblige you.You can't beat their prices. Most go for 2.99 a bottle and sometimes they have a 1.00 off coupon sticker on the sides of the bottles! Good luck. Cher~
Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:38am
Cher,I want to add to my earlier post regarding Nature's Gate. This product was recommended to me by a friend, and after reading your review on the website, I purchased a bottle of the original shampoo and conditioner. I have now used it for four days and it has worked well.I am happy to report that I was impressed with the condition of my hair after initial use. My dark brown finely textured hair felt smooth, and was fuller, though perhaps a bit coarse. It wasn't quite as silky as it had been with Willow Lake, but I only experienced that shampoo two times when I received a complimentary sample. Each day my hair has progressively looked better everytime I brush it. I wasn't sure if I liked the smell of the conditioner, but I have gotten used to it as I have used it more.Best of all I got a compliment the first day I used the new shampoo! I had left work early because I wasn't feeling well. I stopped at a drug store to check out the shampoo (to see if they carried Nature's Gate). I was standing in the aisle when a woman clerk started to say to me: "I don't understand why...." and then she paused. I half expected her to say something like she didn't understand why some men grew their hair long. But instead she said, "I don't understand why men are the ones who get the beautiful nails and hair." We had an interesting conversation and she said my hair was beautiful and really nice and full. I told her she looked very nice too, but she didn't like her hair. It was shoulder length and too thin, according to her. She had it kind of fluffed to give it body. I finally said goodbye with a "Hang in there..." but thought later I should have said something more encouraging like "it's what's inside that counts." Of course, I could have given her the Hair Boutique web site address too!Thank you, Cher, for the excellent write up about this shampoo!Kent
Kent
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:38am
Hi Kent,I am glad you are enjoying NG. I use the product myself from time to time...although I am still devoted to ARTec Smoothing.My hair tends to be dry from the highlighting I have done 3-4x a year so I can't use many products successfully that are designed for more normal hair.However, I have some luck with NG's chamomile and I have tried a few other of the variations with good results.I like the fact that it is a high quality product that is very affordable compared to many of the salon variations.Thanks for all the feedback.Best wishes,KarenPS. Jeff and I would be honored if you gave The Hair Boutique's URL to people you met. Thanks for thinking of us. :-)> Cher,> I want to add to my earlier post regarding Nature's> Gate. This product was recommended to me by a friend,> and after reading your review on the website, I> purchased a bottle of the original shampoo and> conditioner. I have now used it for four days and it> has worked well.> I am happy to report that I was impressed with the> condition of my hair after initial use. My dark brown> finely textured hair felt smooth, and was fuller,> though perhaps a bit coarse. It wasn't quite as silky> as it had been with Willow Lake, but I only> experienced that shampoo two times when I received a> complimentary sample. Each day my hair has> progressively looked better everytime I brush it. I> wasn't sure if I liked the smell of the conditioner,> but I have gotten used to it as I have used it more.> Best of all I got a compliment the first day I used> the new shampoo! I had left work early because I> wasn't feeling well. I stopped at a drug store to> check out the shampoo (to see if they carried Nature's> Gate). I was standing in the aisle when a woman clerk> started to say to me: "I don't understand> why...." and then she paused. I half expected her> to say something like she didn't understand why some> men grew their hair long. But instead she said,> "I don't understand why men are the ones who get> the beautiful nails and hair." We had an> interesting conversation and she said my hair was> beautiful and really nice and full. I told her she> looked very nice too, but she didn't like her hair. It> was shoulder length and too thin, according to her.> She had it kind of fluffed to give it body. I finally> said goodbye with a "Hang in there..." but> thought later I should have said something more> encouraging like "it's what's inside that> counts." Of course, I could have given her the> Hair Boutique web site address too!> Thank you, Cher, for the excellent write up about this> shampoo!> Kent
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic