Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp humidity blues!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help humidity blues!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:39am
I live in South Louisiana and the humidity here is very high in the summer months. Humidity makes my hair very frizzy and my hair style is ruined. During the winter months when the humidity is at least bareable, my hair looks as smooth as glass. My hair style stays in place and I actually like my hair. Unfortunately I live in the South where hot humid days are around most of the year. Does anyone know anything that might help??
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:39am
I am THERE! I live in Mississippi! I have not been on this board during a summer..I started lurking in October or November. I have found that a little pomade helps with the frizzies, in addition to Artec Smoothing Shampoo and conditioner. I hope to have a few more things to test this summer after the responses to these messages!
kathleen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
Greetings from Alabama, where I think it must be possible to actually drown while breathin the air here in the summer. My naturally wavy hair also becomes a nightmare, especially since I cut my bangs during a moment of temporary insanity. There is HOPE however. I use RUSK STR8 (my favorite straightener) mixed with a little Redken's Glass on my wet hair before blow drying and actually manage to maintain a silky style in all but the most murky conditions. Also, blow dry your hair COMPLETELY every time and avoid sprays and gels with a high water content, any moisture will only encourage curl. Good luck.
dc View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:42am
Move North :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic