Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo Jena-RE-Ouch/ From Simone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simone.(C). View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C). Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Jena-RE-Ouch/ From Simone
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:48am
Hi,One of the problems I had was the extensions tangling as with Great Lengths the extensions are fixed to small strands of our hair but 1/4 of an inch down, so with myfine hair bits ended up poking out causing it to tangle with the next extension & so on that caused dreads under the G.Lengths, so after many painful hours (they are meant to slip off with the great lengths solvent- take headache tabs in your pocket as this stuff stinks like nail polish remover!), as mine got stuck & had 2 bottles of remover soaked on my head & then virtually ripped out, the salon that put them in would'nt take them out they wanted to do them again- please $2,000.00AU, not again!, so the other rival salon took them out for nothing & told Me you really must have them checked once a week & removed every 2 months as the hair is Indian- yes it is classed as European, if you call the distributor you can get the info in writing, I was so upset as my hair was 4 inches long when they were put in & when removed I had to get 1 inch cut off & my head hurt for weeks, maybe they have improved in 2 years. As a hairdresser( retired), I would wait & get the weaves as in the article on the Hair Boutique site( as in Akinda Magic). If you cannot find it I'm sure Karen Shelton will help you, Jena I really am not trying to be negative but since my last post my best Friend had the same problem as I found out today, I believe nothing should be glued to our hair or as in great lengths the catalyst is only to be attached then bonded with a high heat gun & rolled into place, that to my is like gluey stuff, Please Be Careful, do a little more re-search (like I should have done- had to have the long hair I was depressed)!!, my hair & scalp has had a multitude of problems / slow grow/sensitive scalp, so I was even more depressed & totally broke!!. Once again please check out the article I spoke of before, if I had have read it before lets just say I'd be a happier Person today.All The Best,Simone.(C). :)
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:48am
I spoke with a man in Dallas who does nothing but extensions and Great Lengths is what he uses frequently. A few problems he mentioned were that if the hair and scalp are not real healthy to start out with, then the extensions (of any kind) may hurt the hair. He said a psychological problem is that whenever the extensions are removed, many people hate their hair because it is much thinner, obviously!He said that anything that is done to the hair (extensions, perms, color, and so forth) obviously is going to cause a little wear, and he said that honestly I probably would lose a tiny bit of hair when they are removed.Also even great products don't work 100% for all people.In a sense, this is a gamble, but I think I'll go for it. My hair is fine but abundant. I may just leave them in for 3-4 months and then remove them so I can get a head start on a little length. Even now, after just a few weeks, some of the hair is growing unevenly and bothering me. I'm afraid that even though I very much want to let it grow, I might be tempted (well, not *me* but a stylist!) to cut it so that the little pieces here and there don't drive me nuts. I never realized what a pain it is going from a short to long hairstyle. You obviously want to trim it as little as possible yet you want it to look decent for several months until you get some length. Along with just the look of long hair, I think this is a good reason for me to get them, as well. I've heard people talk about the "in-between" stages, and although I've barely begun to experience it, I think I understand what it's about!I am very sorry, Simone, about your experience. It must have been terrible to look forward to something like extensions and then have such results.I guess I'll bite the bullet and see what happens. My appointment is two weeks from today (actually in one week I order them)!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic