Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedvivisal, formula37 info needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vivisal, formula37 info needed
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:52am
i am wondering if someone could please post the ingredients and percentages of the vitamins and amino acids and whatever in these products? i dont want to mail order something, but i want to take the vitamins and see if they work. i want to duplicate the effect with supplements. also, what exactly are all the things these formulas will do for me? and are there any stores i can buy them at? if this makes no sense ask me and i will try to explain what im looking for better, sorry, im tired
Jeff Mach View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:53am
Dear Kara,> i am wondering if someone could please post the> ingredients and percentages of the vitamins and amino> acids and whatever in these products?I'll be glad to do that re: Viviscal (see below), but I'd like to make one thing very clear:Viviscal does NOT work because it has a large quantity of vitamins!Rather, its power comes from this:The tissues around the hair follicle tend to harden up tremendously. This prevents a great deal of nutrient flow.The first thing Viviscal does is work to loosen that tissue. This benefical process allows two things: first, a much larger supply of "ordinary" nutrients; second, a much greater impact of Viviscal's special marine protein.This is why Viviscal is the only supplement which is clinically proven to grow hair, in studies which have been published in mainstream medical journals.> i dont want to> mail order something, but i want to take the vitamins> and see if they work. i want to duplicate the effect> with supplements.With most hair supplement companies, you are probably going to end up with mail order or ordering on the 'web. It is very difficult to convince large chain stores to take on cosmetic nutritional supplements. Viviscal itself is available in stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, and Georgia.also, what exactly are all the> things these formulas will do for me? and are there> any stores i can buy them at? if this makes no sense> ask me and i will try to explain what im looking for> better, sorry, im tiredRe: what Viviscal will do--I don't want to trumpet my own horn; I think you can get excellent information from the reviews on this site, or by asking people on here... they have good, unbiased opinions.Jeff MachThe Aurora Group
Joan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:53am
I have been taking H37 for 1 month and the difference in my hair is unbelievable. My husband can not get over it. I was taking Viviscal but it is soooooooooo much more expensive and I don't think it worked nearly as well.Salon Web sells H37 and they give a 100% money back guarantee so if you are concerned, they will refund your money if the product does not work.I love H37 and think it is just perfect (except the pills are a little big).Good luck,Joan> i am wondering if someone could please post the> ingredients and percentages of the vitamins and amino> acids and whatever in these products? i dont want to> mail order something, but i want to take the vitamins> and see if they work. i want to duplicate the effect> with supplements. also, what exactly are all the> things these formulas will do for me? and are there> any stores i can buy them at? if this makes no sense> ask me and i will try to explain what im looking for> better, sorry, im tired
Joan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:53am
H37 - Step One (right off the label)Extra Strength - with Choline 1000 mg plus biotin & PABAAmount/Serving (Take 2 tablets daily)Niacin - 70 mgFolic Acid - 800 mcgVitamin B-12 - 12 mcgBiotin - 200 mcgPanothenic Acid - 200 mgIron - 4 mgIodine - 300 mgZinc - 30 mgManganese - 500% of daily valueCholine Bitartrate 1000mgInositol - 250 mgPABA - 60 mgAlso contains: Brewers Yeast, Calcium Sulfate, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Microcystalline Cellulose, Pharmaceutical Glaze, Stearic Acid and Talc. Free of sugar, starch, sodium, corn, wheat, diary, gluten, egg and fragrance.> i am wondering if someone could please post the> ingredients and percentages of the vitamins and amino> acids and whatever in these products? i dont want to> mail order something, but i want to take the vitamins> and see if they work. i want to duplicate the effect> with supplements. also, what exactly are all the> things these formulas will do for me? and are there> any stores i can buy them at? if this makes no sense> ask me and i will try to explain what im looking for> better, sorry, im tired
Joan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
H37 - Step Two(right off the label)Extra Strength - Amino Acids for the HairAmount/Serving (Take 2-6 tablets daily as supplements to meals)L-Isoleucine- 133 mgL-Leucine - 213 mgL-Lysine - 267 mgL-Methionine - 160 mgL-Phenylalanine - 187 mgL-Threonine - 133 mgL-Tryptophan - 53 mgL-Valine - 187 mgL-Aspartic Acid - 160 mgL-Serine - 123 mgL-Glutamimic Acid - 461mgL-Proline - 219 mgL-Glycine - 56 mgL-Alanine - 69 mgL-Cystine - 164 mgL-Tyrosine - 73 mgL-Histinine - 57mgL-Arginine - 84 mgAlso contains: Brewers Yeast, Calcium Sulfate, Silica,Magnesium Stearate, Microcystalline Cellulose,Pharmaceutical Glaze, Stearic Acid and Talc.Free of sugar, starch, sodium, corn, wheat, diary, gluten, egg and fragrance.WHEW. Lots of typing here but this is everything from the bottle. For more details go to the Salon Web site. Mike gives detailed info on the H37 product.Joan
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:53am
Hi Joan.What sort of difference has the formula made on your hair? I'd like to hear more about its effects before I buy it. Thanks.PD> I have been taking H37 for 1 month and the difference> in my hair is unbelievable. My husband can not get> over it. I was taking Viviscal but it is soooooooooo> much more expensive and I don't think it worked nearly> as well.> Salon Web sells H37 and they give a 100% money back> guarantee so if you are concerned, they will refund> your money if the product does not work.> I love H37 and think it is just perfect (except the> pills are a little big).> Good luck,> Joan
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:53am
Dear Kara,You can easily duplicate the formula by obtaining the supplements at a health food store. HF37 is not a magical formula.Please check out my post re Brewer's Yeast question earlier this week.Jade21i am wondering if someone could please post the> ingredients and percentages of the vitamins and amino> acids and whatever in these products? i dont want to> mail order something, but i want to take the vitamins> and see if they work. i want to duplicate the effect> with supplements. also, what exactly are all the> things these formulas will do for me? and are there> any stores i can buy them at? if this makes no sense> ask me and i will try to explain what im looking for> better, sorry, im tired
Joan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Overall my hair just seems healthier and stronger. My friends started asking me what I was doing different to my hair. Some said it looked thicker, some said it looked shinier and more vibrant. Over all it just feels better.As far as the growth, it does seem to be growing faster than its normal 1/2 inch per month. Of course I do know this is summertime and hair naturally grows faster.It is hard to say more specifically than healthier, stronger and thicker. However, that seems worth the price to me. Also, overall, I think the formula is helping my skin too. It seems clearer and softer and has a glow.I'm sold.J> Hi Joan.> What sort of difference has the formula made on your> hair? I'd like to hear more about its effects before I> buy it. Thanks.> PD
Joan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:54am
Hi Jade21,Yes you can duplicate it, but from my experience it actually costs more (at least where I live) to buy all the different minerals and amino acids individually then it is to buy H37.Plus I found it difficult to find everything that was in the H37 in one place and it was a pain to try and suck down all those different supplements.I personally have to say that I like the convenience of having it all in two different formulas that I can just take at once and be done with it.I also take Vitamin E and Essential Fatty Acids along with some other herbs, so the last thing that I would be willing to do is take all those additional vitamins individually.I can't take Brewer's Yeast. Allergic. So that does not work for me.But you have a very good point.Joan.> Dear Kara,> You can easily duplicate the formula by obtaining the> supplements at a health food store. HF37 is not a> magical formula.> Please check out my post re Brewer's Yeast question> earlier this week.> Jade21> i am wondering if someone could please post the
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:54am
> Hi Jade21,> Yes you can duplicate it, but from my experience it> actually costs more (at least where I live) to buy all> the different minerals and amino acids individually> then it is to buy H37.My multi alone has most of these nutrients. Where is the copper to balance the zinc? There should be at least three mgs of copper to balance the zinc. Copper is necessary to maintain proper hair color.I definitely agree with you that if you are purchasing supplements from conventional retailers, you may be paying quite a bit. However, some folks here purchase health food products and supplements from discount retailers and those on the internet.> Plus I found it difficult to find everything that was> in the H37 in one place and it was a pain to try and> suck down all those different supplements.Actually, a high B-Complex vitamin plus some additional biotin would more than do it. Ever heard of liquid vitamins and minerals? For some people, it's much better.> I personally have to say that I like the convenience> of having it all in two different formulas that I can> just take at once and be done with it.Whatever works best for you is what is important.> I also take Vitamin E and Essential Fatty Acids along> with some other herbs, so the last thing that I would> be willing to do is take all those additional vitamins> individually.> I can't take Brewer's Yeast. Allergic. So that does> not work for me.I wasn't recommending Brewer's yeast. I just wanted her to check out the substance under the Brewer's yeast message. That's interesting that you are allergic. From your description of the HF37, some portion of it is derived from Brewer's yeast.> But you have a very good point.Thank you.> Joan.
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:54am
> My multi alone has most of these nutrients. Where is> the copper to balance the zinc? There should be at> least three mgs of copper to balance the zinc. Copper> is necessary to maintain proper hair color.> I definitely agree with you that if you are purchasing> supplements from conventional retailers, you may be> paying quite a bit. However, some folks here purchase> health food products and supplements from discount> retailers and those on the internet.> Actually, a high B-Complex vitamin plus some> additional biotin would more than do it. Ever heard of> liquid vitamins and minerals? For some people, it's> much better.> Whatever works best for you is what is important.> I wasn't recommending Brewer's yeast. I just wanted> her to check out the substance under the Brewer's> yeast message. That's interesting that you are> allergic. From your description of the HF37, some> portion of it is derived from Brewer's yeast.> Thank you.Would'nt it be easier just to take a multi-vitamin and then take an amino acids capsule along with the vitamin? You get all of the same ingredients, for a whole lot less.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:54am
> Would'nt it be easier just to take a multi-vitamin and> then take an amino acids capsule along with the> vitamin? You get all of the same ingredients, for a> whole lot less.It was a matter of a comparison between a product with two steps (HF37) and sufficient nutrients in the same quantity for less or comparable price. Some multis are horribly inadequate and wouldn't even give you the amount of B-Vitamins which are in HF37.As I stated previously, it would be much easier to focus on the aminos cysteine and methionine if hair growth is what you are after.
LMM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:01am
Joan...Alergic to Brewer's Yeast? Wondering, how does one know they are allergic to Brewer's Yeast? Would this be the same as being allergic to beer?thx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic