Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHighlights or All-Over Color???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeanie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlights or All-Over Color???
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:01am
I'm debating get blonder highlights - I have medium blonde hair already - or allover lighter coloring.I am wondering which is actually not as damaging to the hair - my hair is naturally wavy and drier.My salon has mentioned "Matrix" products and said they are not harsh on the hair...Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jeanie
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:02am
Hi there!I would reccomend that you go with blond foiling all over your head. With foils, since you are only lightening selected strands, you do keep some of your hair healthy-- AND perhaps since you are already a medium blonde, your stylist can use a high lift color, instead of straight bleach. I am a dark blonde to light brown and even on me, she can use a high lift colour. In addition, highlights top all over color in that youdonh't have a finite line of demarcation (or root growth). Where, with all over color you would have to go for a touch up like every 4 weeks, with highlights you can go as long as 3 or 4 months depending upon how dramtic the highlights are! I love my highlighted hair (my mon says that I have ribbons of gold running through it)-- HTH!!Sherry~> I'm debating get blonder highlights - I have medium> blonde hair already - or allover lighter coloring.> I am wondering which is actually not as damaging to> the hair - my hair is naturally wavy and drier.> My salon has mentioned "Matrix" products and> said they are not harsh on the hair...> Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!> Jeanie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic