Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlease help me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ej View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me.
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
I'm new to haircare and I've never used any salon products before so I'm loaning from my mum.I'm just curious about this 2 chemicals which is sodium lauryl sulfate(sls) and sodium laureth sulfate(slse).I heard that sls is worse but both are still bad right?Where can I find a shampoo without both of these ingredients?Can somebody recommend me?What if a shampoo claims to be ammonium and silicone free.What does that mean?Thanks!
CG View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
> I'm new to haircare and I've never used any salon> products before so I'm loaning from my mum.I'm just> curious about this 2 chemicals which is sodium lauryl> sulfate(sls) and sodium laureth sulfate(slse).I heard> that sls is worse but both are still bad right?Where> can I find a shampoo without both of these> ingredients?Can somebody recommend me?What if a> shampoo claims to be ammonium and silicone free.What> does that mean?Thanks!
CG View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
Hi! I went through all of my shampoos and made sure that all have the sodium laureth sulfate- but the one I used this morning does not have either and it is my ArTec Kiwi Shampoo. It has a lot of natural ingredients that are sure to be better for you hair-Hope this helps-CG
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:15am
> Hi! I went through all of my shampoos and made sure> that all have the sodium laureth sulfate- but the one> I used this morning does not have either and it is my> ArTec Kiwi Shampoo. It has a lot of natural> ingredients that are sure to be better for you hair-> Hope this helps-> CGArtec Kiwi shampoo has an ingredient called C10-14 Oleth or something like that which I've read is just as drying as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
Chrissie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:15am
> Yes, I have found the ArTec shampoos to be very drying on my already dry hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic