Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsuper B- complex

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stacy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: super B- complex
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
Want does it do for your hair I read it could help the growth but some one told me it just makes your hair stronger witch is it do they do both or want can some one help by telling me.stacy
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
Hi, Stacy!For the vast majority of individuals, a B-Complex vitamin will encourage growth and improve the condition and strength of their hair.It's likely that if you see no change in growth after taking a B-Complex vitamin, that you may not be taking enough. Similarly, expect to see results in within about a month.Bye for now,Jade21Want does it do for your hair I read it could help the> growth but some one told me it just makes your hair> stronger witch is it do they do both or want can some> one help by telling me.> stacy
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
> Want does it do for your hair I read it could help the> growth but some one told me it just makes your hair> stronger witch is it do they do both or want can some> one help by telling me.> stacyHi Stacy.About 2 months ago I started taking vitimins B-12,C,E and a prenatal vitimin(Im not pregnant). Since then my hair has doubled its growth. After a year of trying every "miracle" product known to mankind(and spending tons of money),this is what I have been hoping for.Plus my nails and skin look great too! I also lust started taking a B-complex to see if it speed things up even more. hope this helps! Lisa
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
Hi Jade,How have you been doing? I haven't gotten to the Sulphur Antioxidant Complex yet, but I am taking the B complex, a multivitamin, Vit C, and Vit E (and of course using my trusty AO products). I haven't noticed extra growth yet, but I haven't measured either :) I'm waiting for my hair to grow to my knees; then I'll start trimming it so it doesn't grow farther, and it will be easier to tell if there is increased growth.Which do you think is better for encouraging growth: pantothenic acid or Vitamin B-12?Bye,PD> Hi, Stacy!> For the vast majority of individuals, a B-Complex> vitamin will encourage growth and improve the> condition and strength of their hair.> It's likely that if you see no change in growth after> taking a B-Complex vitamin, that you may not be taking> enough. Similarly, expect to see results in within> about a month.> Bye for now,> Jade21> Want does it do for your hair I read it could help the
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
Hi, PD!> How have you been doing?I have been well. Thanks for asking:) The heat has been dreadful here. Am wondering what's been going on. Virginia could use about a month of rain. We are so far behind. The farmers would be so grateful:) I'm looking out the window and noticing that the moon is blood red. My mom used to always say that when that happens, it's going to be extremely hot the next day. I can believe that!I keep a journal and am waiting for the day when I can write that the summer of humidity hell has passed. It's like living in a steam bath and the only respite is the air-conditioning. You can't complain because you know there are people out there without the a/c. But, it can get like a deep freeze. And the story continues:) I seem to hear women and men whispering and screaming, "Look at my hair," "What am I going to do with this hair?," "Is this really my hair?"I haven't gotten to the> Sulphur Antioxidant Complex yet, but I am taking the B> complex, a multivitamin, Vit C, and Vit E (and of> course using my trusty AO products). I haven't noticed> extra growth yet, but I haven't measured either :) I'm> waiting for my hair to grow to my knees; then I'll> start trimming it so it doesn't grow farther, and it> will be easier to tell if there is increased growth.PD, I think you just skip the knees and go for the floor:) Then, you can just turn your head, look behind and say, "yea, it's grown another three inches."I'm glad your taking the supplements and being patient. I am also happy that the AO products have proved fruitful. They have so helped with the heat and humidity for me. I've done some real experimenting with mixing some of the AO products which have yielded some good results. I have also been getting good feedback from folks. This seems to be a summer of Aubrey Organics products,too. I've been especially interested to receive info from the ladies over at naturallycurly.com. They are like so creative and willing to experiment. I think they have encouraged me with the mixing I have been doing.> Which do you think is better for encouraging growth:> pantothenic acid or Vitamin B-12?Of the two, definitely the pantothenic acid. You can take extra along with the B-Complex vitamin. I have had excellent results with it. I think I told you that I started taking extra really because of my hectic days, but it did a superb job on the hair. I noticed real vibrance with it and more growth. I think it's responsible for the added growth and thickness on my temple area. That hair was fine, but now it seems to be as thick as the hair on my crown area and sides. All that's left of the fine hair is the "kitchen area" (small area around nape of neck).Take care of yourself and drop me a line here to let me know how you are and how the hair is doing:) I'm always glad to see your notes.Bye for now,Jade21
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
Hi, Jade,> I have been well. Thanks for asking:) The heat has> been dreadful here. Am wondering what's been going on.Yea, the weather's been kinda strange lately, although here in California, it's just the opposite from Virginia. Usually it gets to be in the 90's and even 100's by now, but it's been a pretty cool summer so far. Some days it's even cloudy. Sort of worried what the winter is going to be like.> I keep a journal and am waiting for the day when I can> write that the summer of humidity hell has passed.> It's like living in a steam bath and the only respite> is the air-conditioning. You can't complain because> you know there are people out there without the a/c.Have you tried soaking a towel in cold water and placing it in front of the fan (or behind, works both ways)? It blows the cool air all over the room. Soak it again (or spray water from a spray bottle) whenever it stops working. You can really cool the air down using this little trick.> But, it can get like a deep freeze. And the story> continues:) I seem to hear women and men whispering> and screaming, "Look at my hair," "What> am I going to do with this hair?," "Is this> really my hair?"lol! I can just picture that! Sounds like your weather is the ultimate test for hair products. Aubrey passed (with an A of couse)!> PD, I think you just skip the knees and go for the> floor:) Then, you can just turn your head, look behind> and say, "yea, it's grown another three> inches."That's sort of been my dilemma. At first I wanted hair down to the floor. Then I've been thinking, that maybe it's too much. Maybe to the knees is just perfect. I saw the pictures of Diane Witt and other people with floor+ long hair, and you know, even though it's long, it doesn't look as good as knee length hair that's been kept well trimmed and taken care of. Maybe calf length?> I'm glad your taking the supplements and being> patient. I am also happy that the AO products have> proved fruitful. They have so helped with the heat and> humidity for me. I've done some real experimenting> with mixing some of the AO products which have yielded> some good results.Which products did you mix? How were the results different from the original products?> Of the two, definitely the pantothenic acid.Thanks. I remeber you suggesting pantothenic acid, but B12 was mentioned so many times by other people that I had to check again :)I noticed> real vibrance with it and more growth. I think it's> responsible for the added growth and thickness on my> temple area. That hair was fine, but now it seems to> be as thick as the hair on my crown area and sides.> All that's left of the fine hair is the "kitchen> area" (small area around nape of neck).Ever since I started taking care of my hair properly (ie jojoba oil, trimming split ends, AO, supplements) my hair has improved dramatically. It became thicker and shiner, and the ends aren't as thin as they used to be. I still don't have too much volume on the top of the head, but at least it's in pretty good condition. But now, it's hard to tell if there is a visual difference if I change little things like adding one supplement, or changing oils. But I know that these changes are healthy, even if I can't see the results, and in the long run, everything will pay off.> Take care of yourself and drop me a line here to let> me know how you are and how the hair is doing:) I'm> always glad to see your notes.Thanks. I enjoy reading your messages as well. You are always so friendly and helpful :)Don't worry about the weather that much. I'm sure your hair is dealing just fine with the heat.PD
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
Hi, PD!> Yea, the weather's been kinda strange lately, although> here in California, it's just the opposite from> Virginia. Usually it gets to be in the 90's and even> 100's by now, but it's been a pretty cool summer so> far. Some days it's even cloudy. Sort of worried what> the winter is going to be like.I saw that on the Weather Channel this morning. The people said that the high in LA was going to be a beautiful 79 degrees. Utterly amazing. We are hardly having winters in the area any longer. We had a snow storm in March which lasted about a week, but that was it. The Thanksgiving temp was in the upper 60's. Like you said, winter could be anything:)> Have you tried soaking a towel in cold water and> placing it in front of the fan (or behind, works both> ways)? It blows the cool air all over the room. Soak> it again (or spray water from a spray bottle) whenever> it stops working. You can really cool the air down> using this little trick.I told a friend of mine about the pockets of cold air in different places of my apartment and she recommended the Vornado to me. It should arrive very soon. She said she and her boyfriend use them in theirs because it is like a real circulator.> lol! I can just picture that! Sounds like your weather> is the ultimate test for hair products. Aubrey passed> (with an A of couse)!Big fat A!> That's sort of been my dilemma. At first I wanted hair> down to the floor. Then I've been thinking, that maybe> it's too much. Maybe to the knees is just perfect. I> saw the pictures of Diane Witt and other people with> floor+ long hair, and you know, even though it's long,> it doesn't look as good as knee length hair that's> been kept well trimmed and taken care of. Maybe calf> length?That's a great compromise! And, you know, I am with you about being well trimmed at the bottom. Some people like the "natural growth pattern" whatever that may be, but I like to get the splits before they get bad and try to avoid sun, weather damage. It's good to keep that growth going continuously because then you never feel bad about getting any damage off because it will grow back within a reasonable period:)> Which products did you mix? How were the results> different from the original products?One mix I did which was fantastic was the Jojoba and Aloe Conditioner and the Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. The mix generated extreme silkiness with great movement and generally acted like a protective layer against the extreme humidity. Alone, I have found that the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner can be almost too soft sometimes. Alone, the Jojoba and Aloe can be almost overwhelming to the my hair, leaving it a bit weighed down, especially in the summer.> Ever since I started taking care of my hair properly> (ie jojoba oil, trimming split ends, AO, supplements)> my hair has improved dramatically. It became thicker> and shiner, and the ends aren't as thin as they used> to be. I still don't have too much volume on the top> of the head, but at least it's in pretty good> condition. But now, it's hard to tell if there is a> visual difference if I change little things like> adding one supplement, or changing oils. But I know> that these changes are healthy, even if I can't see> the results, and in the long run, everything will pay> off.You're right and just think of it as an evolutionary process. I said in my Aubrey article that I believed that the longer you use the products, the better the results. The same is true with a regime of supplements. I think that you will see more volume over time.Like I said in reference to the B-Complex vitamin, give most supplements at least a month to see results. This holds true whether it is a new supplement or even changing brands of a supplement which you take regularly.> Thanks. I enjoy reading your messages as well. You are> always so friendly and helpful :)Thanks.> Don't worry about the weather that much. I'm sure your> hair is dealing just fine with the heat.I will try not to worry:) It's strange, PD, but I think my body has just about adjusted. I was finding that the extreme heat was having the same effect on me which severe cold does. I was sleeping like a bear at night:) Just zonked out! Overall, I think my hair has been doing well.Bye for now,Jade21
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:22am
Hi Jade.> That's a great compromise! And, you know, I am with> you about being well trimmed at the bottom. Some> people like the "natural growth pattern"> whatever that may be, but I like to get the splits> before they get bad and try to avoid sun, weather> damage. It's good to keep that growth going> continuously because then you never feel bad about> getting any damage off because it will grow back> within a reasonable period:)Yea, the whole point of having long hair (in my opinion) is so that you can wear it down once in a while (I usually put mine up in a bun). If it's all over the place, then it gets caught everywhere, and it looks messy. Hair is supposed to be beautiful, whether it's floor lenght or waist length. What's your goal, in terms of length?> One mix I did which was fantastic was the Jojoba and> Aloe Conditioner and the Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner.> The mix generated extreme silkiness with great> movement and generally acted like a protective layer> against the extreme humidity. Alone, I have found that> the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner can be almost too> soft sometimes. Alone, the Jojoba and Aloe can be> almost overwhelming to the my hair, leaving it a bit> weighed down, especially in the summer.I think I'll try that. Do you think mixing the Honeysuckle Rose or the J/A with the GPB would be good?> You're right and just think of it as an evolutionary> process. I said in my Aubrey article that I believed> that the longer you use the products, the better the> results. The same is true with a regime of> supplements. I think that you will see more volume> over time.I certainly hope so. I tried the ARTec Volume line right before switching to AO, and the volume it gave was incredible. However, on the first day I used ARTec, my scalp became covered with those pimple-like things, all irritated and icky. And all of this hair came out when I combed it! I thought, forget about the volume, I just want my hair to stay right where it belongs-- on my head! So that was the end of ARTec.I wonder if the Calaguala Conditioner is safe enough to use every time I shower, in terms of build-up. Since it's a leave-in thickener, it coats the hair. I wonder if that's ok for maintaining healthy hair. But I'll try it anyways. After all, it is still an AO-- it's gotta be good! !It's strange, PD, but I> think my body has just about adjusted. I was finding> that the extreme heat was having the same effect on me> which severe cold does. I was sleeping like a bear at> night:) Just zonked out!Funny, those games that the weather plays on us.Overall, I think my hair has> been doing well.That's good. I'm sure you keep very good care of it :)Bye,PD
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:22am
> Want does it do for your hair I read it could help the> growth but some one told me it just makes your hair> stronger witch is it do they do both or want can some> one help by telling me.> stacyI take a super B-vitamin complex along with my other hair vitamins. I've only taken them for a couple of weeks, but my other vitamins that I've taken for a while have taken affect. My hair is stronger, shinier, and I've seen a little extra growth every month.
KJ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:22am
> I take a super B-vitamin complex along with my other> hair vitamins. I've only taken them for a couple of> weeks, but my other vitamins that I've taken for a> while have taken affect. My hair is stronger, shinier,> and I've seen a little extra growth every month.Are these vitamins expensive. Can I find them in a pharmacy or do I have to order them
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:23am
Hi, PD!> Yea, the whole point of having long hair (in my> opinion) is so that you can wear it down once in a> while (I usually put mine up in a bun). If it's all> over the place, then it gets caught everywhere, and it> looks messy. Hair is supposed to be beautiful, whether> it's floor lenght or waist length. What's your goal,> in terms of length?Well, at this point, I think when I can physically sit on my hair (make a seat), I will keep it at that length. It won't be long now either:) I just want to be able to maintain my hair well. I am not so sure I could do that if,say, I let it grow to my knees, but I don't know. I'll probably reassess when I can make that little seat:)> I think I'll try that. Do you think mixing the> Honeysuckle Rose or the J/A with the GPB would be> good?I think a Honeysuckle Rose/GPB mix would be good. I have mixed the J/A with the GPB and I didn't think it was anything spectacular for my hair. You might have different results.> I certainly hope so. I tried the ARTec Volume line> right before switching to AO, and the volume it gave> was incredible. However, on the first day I used> ARTec, my scalp became covered with those pimple-like> things, all irritated and icky. And all of this hair> came out when I combed it! I thought, forget about the> volume, I just want my hair to stay right where it> belongs-- on my head! So that was the end of ARTec.I have heard about those nasty pimples on the scalp from products. And hair came out, too? Yuck! Hair belongs on the scalp, not in the comb, brush or piling up on the floor from nasty products:)> I wonder if the Calaguala Conditioner is safe enough> to use every time I shower, in terms of build-up.> Since it's a leave-in thickener, it coats the hair. I> wonder if that's ok for maintaining healthy hair. But> I'll try it anyways. After all, it is still an AO--> it's gotta be good! !The natural gums (tragacanth and arabic) will not build up in your hair. Each time you wash, they are removed. If you use too much of the conditioner, you may notice some harmless flakes in your hair after it is dry. That's the dried gums. It took me a while to know how much to use of the B-5 design gel and ginkgo and ginseng moisturizing jelly to not get these flakes.> That's good. I'm sure you keep very good care of it :)I try:)All the Best,Jade21
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic