Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChemical Hair Relaxers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cassandra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemical Hair Relaxers
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:55am
When getting your hair chemically relaxed, how do you know that the relaxer is completely washed out of your hair? Are there any signs the day after you have your hair relaxed and washed and set that would indicate the relaxer not being completely washed out?
leslie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:56am
> When getting your hair chemically relaxed, how do you> know that the relaxer is completely washed out of your> hair? Are there any signs the day after you have your> hair relaxed and washed and set that would indicate> the relaxer not being completely washed out?
leslie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:56am
Dear Cassandra,I got relaxers for years before cutting it off for a natural a few months ago, so I'll tell you that from my experience, it's hard to tell if it's been rinsed all the way out immediately, and the next day, too.The best thing to do is KEEP RINSING YOUR HAIR immediately after you rinse the relaxer out. When you think you've rinsed it all out, KEEP RINSING.My hair broke off three times in three years b/c of relaxers; the first time, a woman who called herself a hairdresser put a relaxer in my hair two weeks after I'd gotten one that hadn't taken (Don't ever get a touch-up until at least 5 weeks). About 6 months later, the area she'd retouched started shedding alot, and I realized it was because of that.THe second year, another hairdresser rinsed the relaxer out and leaned me back in the chair with my neck against the seat to do my eyebrows. My hair was fine for a week, but then it started shedding in the back left portion--because it hadn't been rinsed out all the way; I had a relatively small bald spot because of that until it started to grow back--thank GOD it was in the back!The third time, I don't know what happened--it just started breaking off in general, and I'd just had enough.ANyway, my point is, you don't know exactly when you'll notice damage (if it's because the relaxer hasn't been rinsed out, it'll be within a week or two), but it'll be there at some point. The very best thing you can do is rinse, rinse and rinse some more.Or, just go natural! :) Hope this helps.-Leslie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic