Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe best color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rae View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best color
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:00am
Is there really a good way to know your best hair color. Magazines always recommend trying on wigs, but what wig store will let you do that? I'm naturally dark brown, but always think I look "ill" with that color. I've experimented a lot with colors, and like blonder shades, but then it always seems like you have "roots". Recommendations would be appreciated, including web sites, etc.
Miss Hair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:00am
if you would like to go blonde i recommend getting all over highlights. the color still looks great when its growing out-last 3-4 months or ever longer. i have naturally dark blonde hair and i have it highlighted to a white blonde. it looks great, very dimensional. hope this help a lil bit :)Miss Hair
silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:00am
i agree with Miss Hair. Highlights--though they need not be necessarily blonde--are a great way to brighten your look and add a new dimension/tonality. When done well by a pro, the results are very natural looking.I have dark brown hair and recently had some honey and caramel colored highlights added. I *love* this change! I am still very close to my natural color, so i needn't worry about roots, plus my hair has a golden aura...very nice! i have fine hair, so the highlighting gave my hair the appearance of more texture, and some more body, too.Highlighting is not something I would recommend you do at home, however. Since you have dark brown hair, the process of lifting that color to a lighter one means you'll go through a scary looking "orange" stage. that's simply the color change process. I recommend you find a reputable salon and pay a little more than you usually might for a salon service--it's worth it! since highlights will last 3-4 months without showing any roots, it makes the process more affordable.good luck! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic