Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Liquid vs. Creme Hair Color: Is one better than the other for your hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLiquid vs. Creme Hair Color: Is one better than the other for your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reni View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liquid vs. Creme Hair Color: Is one better than the other for your hair?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:03am
I was just wondering if someone has an opinion as to if it is better for your hair to use a creme formula type permanent hair color, as opposed to the liquid versions?Most brands seem to offer both choices. I'm inclined to think that the creme would be less damaging to ones hair compared to a liquid formula, however, someone told me that liquids are better for more color depositing and/or lifting than cremes are. Any answers to these? Thx a lot!Reni :)
Silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:03am
Reni-I dont think there's a definitive answer to this question. It's really all about the ingredients and the amount of ammonia and/or peroxide in the product. Creme vs liquid is about the formulation, and may not tell you anything about the actual ingredients used.:) silvie
Reni View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:03am
Silvie,So you do not believe that the creme versions would necessarily be less harsh on the hair either? Thx for responding Silvie! :)Reni~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> Reni-> I dont think there's a definitive answer to this> question. It's really all about the ingredients and> the amount of ammonia and/or peroxide in the product.> Creme vs liquid is about the formulation, and may not> tell you anything about the actual ingredients used.> :) silvie
Silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:03am
creme, liquid--i dont think that matters much, it is all about the ingredients! :)
lesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:05am
> creme, liquid--i dont think that matters much, it is> all about the ingredients! :)THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME ONLY ONE IS PUT INTO A CREME BASE TO MAKE IT A LITTLE EASIER TO APPLY AND NOT RUN AS MUCH WHEN APPLIED THEY WILL GIVE THE SAME RESULTS WHEN MIXED WITH THE SAME VOLUME PEROXIDE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic