Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs Aveda really worth all that money?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Aveda really worth all that money?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:06am
Hi,I have been using Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo and the Detangler for a while now, and I get really great results with them. Since Aveda is available online again I got curious about it, and I would like to try the shampure and cherry almond bark conditioner. The problem is that I saw some people on this board compare it with ARTec smoothing shampoo. I used the ARTec smoothing shampoo and conditioner, and they didn't work for me at all. I have medium length hair with some natural wave in it, and the smoothing shampoo made it all flat and tangled. Now I am afraid to invest all that money in the Aveda shampure and conditioner, just to find out they don't work for me. That would really be dissapointing, so I wonder if somebody has any advise for me.Thanks :)
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:06am
Hi Kate :)I have very thick long hair that is straight with a slight wave pattern and have used Aveda hair care products in the past. Their products are gentle, leave your hair very soft, and the Aveda product I enjoyed using most in that line was the Clove shampoo. In August I decided to try the new Rosemary Mint Shampoo, which smelled heavenly, but unfortanately probably due to the peppermint and spearmint in the product my scalp had a reaction to it so I had to return it. It would probably work very well though for those who do not suffer from sensitive skin along with the Rosemary Mint Conditioner which I hear is very popular too. I hear it's a great shampoo too, but the Clove is still my favorite in the Aveda hair products line. Try it and let us know how you like Aveda! Good luck!PS. I was using Paul Mitchel Awapuhi shampoo and had pretty good results from that too but then I heard about Aubrey Organics from Jade 21 and am now hooked on those!! I LOVE Aubrey Organics!!MariaRelated Link:Maria In Mass
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:06am
Hi, Kate.In my opinion (and considerable product-buying experience), Aveda is the best there is. But I also like ArtTec's Smoothing line. :)As with any hair product line, you have to find the items that are right for you, or you /will/ get a bad impression. Take the Cherry Almond Bark conditioner. It smells like pure heaven, but it's not conditioning enough for my damaged ends. My hair stays dry and tangled. If I based my opinion of the Aveda line on that one product, I'd have given up on it long ago.And let me tell ya: Aveda /saved/ my hair.I'd buy from a salon the first time, so a professional can advise you. A lot of salons have guarantees: You can return the product with a receipt if it doesn't work for your hair. Some drugstores now sell Aveda too, and most of them have money-back guarantees on all cosmetic products.Also remember: You have to try a product for a few days to /really/ see what it's doing for your hair. Otherwise, you can't really know if it's the fixative or the weather that's making your hair frizz, etc.I like Shampure and Curessence.Ally
lisa /minnesota View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa /minnesota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:08am
i live where aveda is made & have used it myself since i was a kid so has my friends & family. i also recommend certain aveda products more so over anothers. ive used paul mitchell too. if you were to switch to aveda from awaphuii i dont think shampure is for u unless u like the aromathrepy of the aveda products. i think veda is a wonderful product but shampure isnt as moisturizing as awapuhii. aveda focuses more on smells than on moisture unless u get the deep penetratin conditioner.. ps i have naturally curly hair & i tried the aveda brilliance line & was highly not impressed. nor were my clients. best products for wavy/curly hair that ive seen are kms (nefa-shampoo) & (silker -cond) & for deep cond trtmnt (ultra pak by kms
Be View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:25am
> Hi,> I have been using Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo and> the Detangler for a while now, and I get really great> results with them. Since Aveda is available online> again I got curious about it, and I would like to try> the shampure and cherry almond bark conditioner. The> problem is that I saw some people on this board> compare it with ARTec smoothing shampoo. I used the> ARTec smoothing shampoo and conditioner, and they> didn't work for me at all. I have medium length hair> with some natural wave in it, and the smoothing> shampoo made it all flat and tangled. Now I am afraid> to invest all that money in the Aveda shampure and> conditioner, just to find out they don't work for me.> That would really be dissapointing, so I wonder if> somebody has any advise for me.> Thanks :)In my opinion, it's hard to tell if it would work for you without trying. I do agree Aveda products aren't cheap, but maybe try the travel size bottles for only a few dollars each. That way you can try and see if it works for you, if it doesn't you won't be wasting a lot of money. I'm not sure if the small bottles are avaible online but they have it in their Concept Salons.Be
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic