Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCaruso rollers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caruso rollers
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:22am
Hi,I have long (mid back), straight, fine, hard-to-hold-a-curl hair. I bought the Caruso rollers and after 5 minutes the curls look great but after an hour the curls are gone! I have left the curlers on the steamer for over 10 seconds and in my hair for over 30 minutes! I read the Rollers 101 article but I've been there, done that. Anyone out there had success with these? What am I doing wrong?
silvie90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:22am
Hihave you tried using a styling gel on your hair before you roll? this should help the hair retin the curl. i dont think you'd even need a heavy-duty gel, just something that will give your curls a little more staying power. i like the textureline gel for a good, non-sticky hold.:) silvie
Nikki M. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:23am
Amy,I purchased the Caruso rollers "system" when it first came out some years ago. Hopefully, they have since improved it, but I have to tell you that after using it a couple of times, it ended up buried in my closet and last year I gave it away to a neighbor who took it off my hands when I was getting rid of some things. Needless to say, I was disappointed in the Caruso product and for the same reasons you are. I remember trying lots of hair spray to try to have the curl hold, but it wouldn't after about an hour. I ended up regretting that I had parted with my money for it in the first place, but that's just my story.I don't curl my hair anymore--I have a layered cut right now, but I can tell you that I do use that Textureline Gel that Silvie has recommended to you and it is great stuff! In my case it helps to keep my layers in place without getting a sticky, tacky kind of hold. You should try it, maybe it will help with curling your hair. Good luck.
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:24am
When my hair was shorter, I used the Caruso hairsetter all of the time. I washed my hair everyother day or so, and the curls would hold until I washed it again. I have fine (but a lot) hair, straight, slightly oily hair. My hair is also easy to curl.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic