Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRazor aid!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grey Byrnes View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Byrnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Razor aid!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:27am
Hello,I'm looking around to see if there are any guides on self taught razoring for hair. I have a few friends who do it themselves, self taught, and it looks fablous. my stylist hasn't learned it, and refuses to, and I'm sick of my hair being so blunt. I know it can't be too hard, and I myself have done some styling in the past. (simply cuts, dyes and perms)thank you!Grey
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:28am
I would also like to know. I had found one stylist who did this and was great at it, but she relocated. I just had it done at a new stylist, and they over did it big time and ruined the shape of my hair.
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:28am
> I would also like to know. I had found one stylist who> did this and was great at it, but she relocated. I> just had it done at a new stylist, and they over did> it big time and ruined the shape of my hair.To Grey and justme;I am sorry to say that I do not know of a good instructional book or tape that really shows the almost lost art of razor cutting. You might call Scot Cole of Color cutting USA in Atlanta, Ga. he may be able to help. If you attempt this without instruction always try to cut in very lightly the layers and always leave the length of the layers long until you get the hang of it.william
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:28am
> Hello,> I'm looking around to see if there are any guides on> self taught razoring for hair. I have a few friends> who do it themselves, self taught, and it looks> fablous. my stylist hasn't learned it, and refuses to,> and I'm sick of my hair being so blunt. I know it> can't be too hard, and I myself have done some styling> in the past. (simply cuts, dyes and perms)> thank you!> GreyGo to your local beauty supply and purchase a razor that comes with an instructional tape.I purchased one at Sallys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic