Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedshades EQ question..when to re-do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shades EQ question..when to re-do?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:33am
I had shades put in my hair about 4 weeks ago. It came out too dark at first and now its faded to a nice dark/medium brown color with some lighter highlights showing through. I know that eventually this will all come out of my hair, but how long does it take? I also don't want it as dark next time. ( she used espresso and it turned narly jet black and took 2 weeks to fade to something nice). Can shades be mixd? If the stylist mixes espresso/morrocan sand (level 3 and 4) would it look a little lighter, or does it really matter.thanks!
silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:33am
hishades can indeed be mixed, so i would consult with your stylsit and explain how it was a little too dark last time. EQ is super gentle so you can certainly recolor every 4 weeks. maybe even 3. as far as it fading ut completely that could take from 6 to 8 weeks, maybe even longer, if it really "grabbed":) silvie
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:34am
> hi> shades can indeed be mixed, so i would consult with> your stylsit and explain how it was a little too dark> last time. EQ is super gentle so you can certainly> recolor every 4 weeks. maybe even 3. as far as it> fading ut completely that could take from 6 to 8> weeks, maybe even longer, if it really> "grabbed"> :) silvieTo Dawn;Usually Expresso is reserved for a dark dark brown hair.You didn't mention what color your 'base' color is so it is hard for me to make a reccomendation without this info. If a lighter deposit is wanted, virtually any Shades EQ colors can be mixed within the proper family. (ooo) crystal clear can be used to cut the strength of any shades color for a lighter color deposit. Post your base color info and I will try to formulate something for you to try. It can take 6-8 weeks for the shades to fade much depending on how it has been applied.william
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:34am
William,My hair is naturally a medium/dark neutral brown, but it had been heavily highlighted with different shades of golden blonde and some dark blonde. I would like a color that is dark brown, but not almost black like the expresso turned out last time.(I would also consider a mahogany or reddish brown for fun in the future, but for now I'd like to stay close to my natural color.)> To Dawn;> Usually Expresso is reserved for a dark dark brown> hair.> You didn't mention what color your 'base' color is so> it is hard for me to make a reccomendation without> this info. If a lighter deposit is wanted, virtually> any Shades EQ colors can be mixed within the proper> family. (ooo) crystal clear can be used to cut the> strength of any shades color for a lighter color> deposit. Post your base color info and I will try to> formulate something for you to try. It can take 6-8> weeks for the shades to fade much depending on how it> has been applied.> william
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:34am
Thanks silvie! I'll be getting it re-done in a week or two (that would make it about 5 or 6 weeks).> hi> shades can indeed be mixed, so i would consult with> your stylsit and explain how it was a little too dark> last time. EQ is super gentle so you can certainly> recolor every 4 weeks. maybe even 3. as far as it> fading ut completely that could take from 6 to 8> weeks, maybe even longer, if it really> "grabbed"> :) silvie
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:35am
> William,> My hair is naturally a medium/dark neutral brown, but> it had been heavily highlighted with different shades> of golden blonde and some dark blonde. I would like a> color that is dark brown, but not almost black like> the expresso turned out last time.> (I would also consider a mahogany or reddish brown for> fun in the future, but for now I'd like to stay close> to my natural color.)To Dawn:Try 1 1/2 ozs 06NB Brandy with 1/2 ozs 03A Terrra Cotta and 2 ozs of shades processing developer, this is enough for an average head of hair if yours is long/thick just increase the total amounts keeping the ratio the same. Please post and let me know how this works out. This will give a lighter deposit and should have a dark auburn/brown result.william
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic