Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do I get Farrah Fawcett Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get Farrah Fawcett Hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:43am
HiCan anyone tell me how i can get my wavy hair to resemble Farrah Fawcett's layered, flicked out hairdo from the 1970's.I think it looks really cool and I would just like to know how to get it cut that way and how to style it. As well as what length my hair should be.Also could anyone tell me how to get Victoria Principal's layered hairdo which she wore from about the Second to about the Fourth seasons of DALLAS.These are my all time favourite actresses and their hair looked great. At the moment I have a wig that is a cross between these 2 hairdo's but it is acrylic and is about 16 years old. So you might as well gather that it looks terrible.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:43am
Hi,Good question. I actually used to have "Farrah" hair at the height of her craze back in the mid-late70s. Ideally your hair needs to be at least to the top of your shoulders to create the same "winged" look. Also, the thicker the hair, the better to create the same full "big hair" look.The key to the cut is a very graduated layered cut that starts at the bangs and is shaped to gradually go from shorter to longer at the back. The back of the hair is all one length although for the height my old stylist used to add some layers at my crown.The key is to have layered side hair that you can curl with a curling iron to create the "wings". The rest of the hair can be blow dried upside down for fullness. Or you can set it on very large hot rollers.Hope that helps with the Farrah do.Best wishes,Karen Shelton> Hi> Can anyone tell me how i can get my wavy hair to> resemble Farrah Fawcett's layered, flicked out hairdo> from the 1970's.> I think it looks really cool and I would just like to> know how to get it cut that way and how to style it.> As well as what length my hair should be.> Also could anyone tell me how to get Victoria> Principal's layered hairdo which she wore from about> the Second to about the Fourth seasons of DALLAS.> These are my all time favourite actresses and their> hair looked great. At the moment I have a wig that is> a cross between these 2 hairdo's but it is acrylic and> is about 16 years old. So you might as well gather> that it looks terrible.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:43am
Karen,Would you believe I actually still have the first UPI article that appeared in all the newspapers (with her photo) telling how they get Farrah to look like Farrah? This was 1977, I believe. I need to dig it out, scan it in and send it to you. Defininely a blast from the past!Jennifer
wavy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:43am
Go to:http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/5164/fa.htmlThis shows instructions on how to get Farrah hair.I think the main site has some other 70s styles.It's called The Traditional Hairdressing Page-- I think the web site link is on hairboutique's Retro Hair Style page links.Hope this helps!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:44am
Hi Jennifer,Yes...I would love to see that. I actually just saw a photo of Michelle Lee of Knots Landing Fame and it showed her hair through all of her various decades. In one of the photos she had Farrah hair and even said..."my Farrah Hair" period. :-)Thanks for the scoop.Karen> Karen,> Would you believe I actually still have the first UPI> article that appeared in all the newspapers (with her> photo) telling how they get Farrah to look like> Farrah? This was 1977, I believe. I need to dig it> out, scan it in and send it to you. Defininely a blast> from the past!> Jennifer
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic