Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hand Lotion as leave in conditioner - anybody ever try this one?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHand Lotion as leave in conditioner - anybody ever try this one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hand Lotion as leave in conditioner - anybody ever try this one?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
Hi :)Last week at work we were discussing hair treatments and one of my co-workers who has her hairdresser's license (She also has many family members who are also hairdressers and her aunt owns a salon)recommended using hand lotion as a leave in conditioner during the day. She told me she believes even if you just apply it to the length of the hair, the roots will drink it up. What do you think? Has anybody ever tried this? Just wondering.PS. She also recommends using products with Aloe and Jojobo in them and not using the same shampoo every day, but rotating them.Thanks!!MariaRelated Link:Maria In Mass
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
Hi, Maria!Do you know "quinny" over at naturallycurly.com? She uses the hand lotion regularly--actually a very special blend. You might address the question to her over there and I am sure she would be glad to tell you about her experience:)I think "quinny" uses the lotion in a variety of ways other than a leave-in in relation to her hair.Bye for now,Jade> Last week at work we were discussing hair treatments> and one of my co-workers who has her hairdresser's> license (She also has many family members who are also> hairdressers and her aunt owns a salon)recommended> using hand lotion as a leave in conditioner during the> day. She told me she believes even if you just apply> it to the length of the hair, the roots will drink it> up. What do you think? Has anybody ever tried this?> Just wondering.> PS. She also recommends using products with Aloe and> Jojobo in them and not using the same shampoo every> day, but rotating them.> Thanks!!> Maria
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:51am
Well, not really as a leave-in conditioner, but if my hair begins to frizz during the day at work, if I just coat my hands with a tiny bit of hand lotion and run them over my hair, it works to tame those flyaway strands.> Hi :)> Last week at work we were discussing hair treatments> and one of my co-workers who has her hairdresser's> license (She also has many family members who are also> hairdressers and her aunt owns a salon)recommended> using hand lotion as a leave in conditioner during the> day. She told me she believes even if you just apply> it to the length of the hair, the roots will drink it> up. What do you think? Has anybody ever tried this?> Just wondering.> PS. She also recommends using products with Aloe and> Jojobo in them and not using the same shampoo every> day, but rotating them.> Thanks!!> Maria
Carolyn M. Bender
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
> Hi :)> Last week at work we were discussing hair treatments> and one of my co-workers who has her hairdresser's> license (She also has many family members who are also> hairdressers and her aunt owns a salon)recommended> using hand lotion as a leave in conditioner during the> day. She told me she believes even if you just apply> it to the length of the hair, the roots will drink it> up. What do you think? Has anybody ever tried this?> Just wondering.> PS. She also recommends using products with Aloe and> Jojobo in them and not using the same shampoo every> day, but rotating them.> Thanks!!> MariaYes!!! The best leave-in hand lotion that I have found is Hookmaker by Straight Arrow. I use it on and off on the tips of my hair. It works very well and contains some very expensive proteins that are usually found in the more pricey brands. Sally Beauty Supply sells hoofmaker to strengthen nails for about $5 for a huge pump bottle of it. It does a fine job on dry, brittle, and/or damaged hair, and works wonders for your cuticles as well. :)
Andrea
Tanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
I have found an exceptional lotion in a local health store in Palm Springs called Seven Wonders Miracle Lotion that has like 7 oils in it (olive, jojoba, canola, etc.) and a ton of herbals too; it is unreal how wonderful it makes your skin feel and lasts very long. I had to try it on the ends of my hair one day when it was sort of dry and fly-away and it tamed it wonderfully - it was very silky and shiny looking, and the length was not weighed down by it. However, I think it does contain a cone in the ingredients and since I generally steer away from these things when it comes to my hair, I only put this lotion in once in awhile like if I'm going out and need a smoother in a hurry, which is unfortunate because it really is a great thing to use in hair (as well as smelling DE-LISH!) One time when I went with my husband to get his hair cut I asked the stylist who had almost thigh length hair what she did to keep her hair healthy looking, she replied that she just washed with this obscure shampoo brand and rubbed hand lotion on it if it got staticky - Nivea or curel, anything on hand but usually Nivea. I asked her if she was sure that's ALL she did...(hope she didn't feel interrogated now that I think about it) and she emphatically assured me yes, she didn't do anything else to it - that and trying to eat as much olive oil and vitamin E in her diet as she could. I couldn't believe it - to have hair that long, and that be the only maintenance on it. Some people have all the luck.........
bunny7744 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny7744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2000 at 4:26pm
Hand lotion:

Before I moved here (Dry climate of NW Montana) I didn't use hand lotion, but now I do, and I also "smooth" my hair with my hands during the day. I don't have those "fly away" dry hairs anymore -- maybe it has something to do with the hand lotion.

Shampoo:

I rotate 3 shampoos - if I don't my head/neck breaks out.

Tanya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic