Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cheap shampoo/conditioner (White Rain Orchid Pedals)made my hair soft, shiny, full of body, and wavy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCheap shampoo/conditioner (White Rain Orchid Pedals)made my hair soft, shiny, full of body, and wavy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap shampoo/conditioner (White Rain Orchid Pedals)made my hair soft, shiny, full of body, and wavy
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:58am
Okay, as you might know I recently discovered I needed to make a shampoo/conditioner change due to the realization that the all natural products I was using before might not be right for me and my sensitive skin (a realization that sort of bummed me out because I really wanted to use natural products and loved them, but some of the products seemed to irritate my skin and aggravate my excema.).After some reasearch and recommendations, I decided to try (You're not going to believe this)White Rain Collection Orchid Pedals Shampoo and Conditioner. I was very hesitant to try them because I was convinced "Oh, these are cheap products with bad ingrediants. They're not going to work.". Well guess what?! I was wrong!I thought the shampoo smelled nice in the shower, lathered well, and was easy to wash out. Same with the conditioner which felt so nice on my hair and I could feel it actually detangling my hair. Still I thought, "Nah, these aren't going to work. I'm imagining this."Well, I was really shocked after using a cheap shampoo that when I left the shower my scalp didn't feel all irritated and dried out. But the big shock came later when my hair finally dried (takes a long time because my hair is very thick)and OMG, my hair was full of shine, full of body, felt very soft, and best of all - I can't explain it, but my hair had more waves than usual. I thought I was dreaming and kept on looking in the mirror, but it was true - for some reason more of the natural wave in my hair was coming out. I was so happy because I love my little natural wave, but most of the time it's barely there. Well, I can't explain it but this shampoo/conditioner seems to help bring it out more.Anyways, I am really thrilled with this shampoo and conditioner and wanted to share this with you hoping this story could help others. I'm still in disbelief that a cheap shampoo and conditioner worked for me and keep going back and looking at the bottle after looking at my new head of hair. Am I dreaming? LOL!Has anybody else had success with a cheap shampoo and conditioner? Anybody use the one I'm using? I'd love to hear your stories! Thank you!*Big hugs*MariaRelated Link:Maria In Mass
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:59am
Maria,I'll be interested to see if you feel the same way in a couple of weeks. Cheap shampoos are soooo tempting to me, but the "good results" never seem to last.Think of someone who eats healthy and exercises every day, and who has a great body as a result. Then one day she eats nothing but ice cream and Hershey bars. She'll still have a great body at the end of that day, but we shouldn't assume that the junk food did it. It just wasn't enough to undo her usual good habits.The effects of products are cumulative. If you still love White Rain next month, more power to you, hon. You're luckier than I was. :)Ally
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:59am
>Cheap shampoos are soooo tempting> to me, but the "good results" never seem to> last.How many "cheap" shampoos have you tried and are the foundation of your opinion?If I try several salon shampoos and they don't work for me, should I assume all salon shampoos are worthless.....?
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:59am
Heya, Jena. :)> How many "cheap" shampoos have you tried and> are the foundation of your opinion?** Well, I used cheap shampoo most of my life. When I was a teenager, beauty products were an obsession, and I spent a lot of money in high school trying to find magic in a bottle. Granted, my hair was permed to a crisp back then, and it's likely nothing would have turned it into spun silk.> If I try several salon shampoos and they don't work> for me, should I assume all salon shampoos are> worthless.....?** Not at all. And I can't say I've tried every drugstore product. (There are new ones every week.) But I have recognized a trend in haircare: Generally, you get what you pay for.Since we have the same hair type, I would be happy to get some recommendations from you.Ally
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:59am
Hi Ally,> ** Well, I used cheap shampoo most of my life.But how many *different* kinds did you use?> But I have recognized a trend in haircare: Generally,> you get what you pay for.With salon *services*, I'd absolutely agree. I'm embarrassed to tell you how much I've spend for highlights and a trim! Very, very generally, the money you pay for services reflects the experience of the stylist. Not always by any means, but generally. However, with shampoos, it's absolutely not true at all.> Since we have the same hair type, I would be happy to> get some recommendations from you.Sure! First of all, I really don't want to make it seem like I am ganging up on you! But I'd just like to dispel the myth that drugstore products are inferior as a whole and simply not as gentle or effective on hair. It just isn't true. There are fantastic and terrible produdcts that are both cheap and expensive.I like the philosophy of choosing a shampoo for the scalp and choosing a conditioner for the ends of the hair. My scalp is what I'd call normal, not oily or dry. At the moment, I guess I have what you call "virgin" hair. It's completely unprocessed -- no perms or highlights. Since I'm going for growth (!) I also do not use a hair dryer (well, maybe once every 4-6 weeks!) or curling iron. My hair is probably what I'd call normal with a tendency towards oiliness. It is washed daily and I apply conditioner to the ends. My hair is blonde and fine.I never use a product that contains: sodium lauryl sulfate (sodium laurETH sulfate is very gentle, though), TEA-lauryl sulfate, TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, C14-16 olefin sulfate, and ammonium xylenesulfonate.Here are two suggestions that have worked very well on my hair:L'Oreal VitaVive Daily Care for Normal Hair, Multi-Vitamin Clear Shampoo (I'm currently using this and it's wonderful! Lathers up beautifully and my hair feels very silk-like afterwards, even when I don't use a conditioner)White Rain Exotics (the one Maria mentioned, Orchid Petals, they also have Hibiscus Petals and Lotus Petals) But not all of White Rain is good -- I wouldn't use these White Rain products: Solutions C Shampoo Super Shine, the Apple, Coconut, or Strawberry Essence Essentials, or any of their 2-in-1 shampoos/conditionersI'm just getting ready to try Style by Lamaur, Clarifying Shampoo for Normal to Oily hair. Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo doesn't contain any harsh or harmful ingredients, but I've found the two shampoos above make my hair feel much softer and since they don't build up on the hair (which is one of Neutrogena's biggest selling points), I'd prefer to use them instead of the Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo.Just to show you that a company "name" can make both good or not-so-good products, an example is Finesse. Their Enhancing shampoo for Normal, Healthy Hair, is a good, basic shampoo, but their Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry or Coarse Hair has sodium lauryl sulfate in it and is definitely not recommended! Most of Pantene's shampoos contain ammonium xylenesulfonate, which is just too drying. However, their Pro-Vitamin Pyrithione Zinc Anti-Dandruff Shampoo doesn't contain drying agents, and works well for an anti-dandruff shampoo. Most (but not all) of Suave shampoos contain ammonium xylenesulfonate.Hope this helps!Jena
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic