Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedlong hair styles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kemel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kemel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long hair styles
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
Kevin, he is right! Take it from me I'm in marketing, pressing the flesh daily. I travel a lot for business, but I like my hair longer. As a man of Color my hair is quite thick and it gets all wavy and unruly the longer it gets. While my employer is cool, I'm not sure how well our clients could deal with locs, so after a year of having my hair pulled back tight into a gelled ponytail, I treated myself this summer to a scalp massage and a weave. The stylist a couple girls who wove some good, tight super thin plaits (I think they're fourstrand twists) they called sengalese twists. They're no thicker than a pencil. They hang pretty much down to my nipples. I can wear them loose on the weekends, and for a more tailored professional look I'll pull them back or sometimes my girl will braid them into a pony tail for the workday. And the best part is there's no brushing, just a weekly tightening and a little sandalwood oilto keep the ends from drying out.I can't tell you the number compliments I get, especially from other men, ewho I know must be wanting the guts to grow theirs out the same. Good luck man.> Hey man, have you considered braids? My friend got his> hair done up in microbraids while he was vacationing> in the Carribean. Very radical, but getting more and> more common. Just saw a guy on the train, suit, trench> coat, you get the picture - with a hundred thin> braids, all neatly coiffed. The thing is with micros> you can still weave it, pull his hair back, or adorn> the braids with some beads. If you've got the urge,> find a good braider.
Kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:59am
Jenn,I am new to long hair and not to familiar with the styles you mentioned. How do you do a french twist? And what are hairsticks and how do you use them.Thanks, for any helpKevin
Mark Goldstone View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Goldstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:58am
Hey man, have you considered braids? My friend got his hair done up in microbraids while he was vacationing in the Carribean. Very radical, but getting more and more common. Just saw a guy on the train, suit, trench coat, you get the picture - with a hundred thin braids, all neatly coiffed. The thing is with micros you can still weave it, pull his hair back, or adorn the braids with some beads. If you've got the urge, find a good braider.> I have just below shoulder length hair and growing it> out even longer. I am trying to find different ways to> wear it besides in a pony or just out. Any suggestions> would be appreciated.
yurellis View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:58am
listen girl, something that's really cute is this: divide your hair in boxes then twist those strands of hair into little buns. it might take a while, but trust me it's worth the wait.
yurellis View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:58am
i have just below shoulder length hair, and i need some new hairstyles. have any suggestions?
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:58am
Kevin,You could braid the ponytail for a neater look (great if you're planning to be active), or, take just the top section and secure it near or just behind the crown of your head (with a fabric-covered elastic) that keeps your hair out of your eyes, yet is essentially a loose style.Hope this helps.Dave
David M Squires
Jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:58am
Have you tried twisting it into a french twist, bun or braid? Half-up? There are lots and lots of possibilities, the important thing is to just play with it. I have hair almost to my bum, and I twist it into a bun all the time. I love using hairsticks, pencils, anything works! Also, invest in some long bobbypins, not the kind that have one straight side on crinkly side, but the thin V-shaped ones! They're wonderful for styling. Also, perhaps weave some ribbon in your hair after you braid it. Again, there are thousands of possibilites! Get a book on hairstyling and just try different things! Have fun!Jenn> I have just below shoulder length hair and growing it> out even longer. I am trying to find different ways to> wear it besides in a pony or just out. Any suggestions> would be appreciated.
Kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:58am
I have just below shoulder length hair and growing it out even longer. I am trying to find different ways to wear it besides in a pony or just out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic