Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBleaching Naturally Red Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleaching Naturally Red Hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:59am
Hi,I looked through all the post here and didn't find the answer to my question, so I thought I'd ask...has anyone tried to bleach naturally red hair? I have short, spiky/messy-look (shaved on sides and back), red red hair and I want to go to light blonde...not quite white, but not that ugly lemon yellow some people get. I have used highlight kits before (have one I'm about to use after I get a trim), but I've never gotten light enough. The longest I've ever left it on is about 45 min (it was definitely lighter that time)...am I just not leaving it on long enough? I read somewhere that the red tones some people get when highlighting is because red is least resistant to the bleach...is that why I'm having trouble?Also, I have seen people with hair cut like mine and light blonde on top and then gradually fades to their natural dark color down the back and sides of their head. I like this, but do you think it will look strange with red hair? I want something different, but it has to look good and not make me stick out and look dumb!!Thanks a lot!!JoshP.S. - I did have it done "profesionally" a couple times, but they didn't get it right, either.
Tryna get 360's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic