Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInfusium 23 by Clairol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Infusium 23 by Clairol
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
Hi,A couple weeks ago my 6 yr old daughter who has fine hair stayed at her grandma's house for a couple of days. Her grandma used Infusium on her hair and she came home with much healthier looking hair!! I could hardly believe it in fact!! Her hair was smoother, shinier, silkier, softer...and MUCH fewer tangles. It hardly tangled at all!! Her hair looked beautiful! Now today I bought a bottle and just remembered to look at the ingredients after I got home. It turns out that it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate AND Sodium Lauryl Sulfate!! How can a shampoo containing ingredients that are supposedly too harsh be so good for her hair?? Does her hair type just need a harsher ingredient to be healthy??I have fine oily hair which was permed back in April so I am thinking of trying this shampoo myself so I wanted to see what you'd all say about this shampoo.The bottle says:Corrects, Restores, StructurizesInsusium 23 Moisturizing Shampoo infuses hair with 23 essential pro-vitamin and hair treatment ingredients to instantly correct, restore and structurize hair. Cleanses thoroughly to remove dirt, oil and styling product residue. Leaves hair remoisturized, shiny, silky and ready for styling.Deep cleanses and instantly smoothes roughened hair cuticle.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
Hi Liane,First of all, sodium laureth sulfate is a very gentle ingredient! It's the sodium lauryl sulfate which can be problematic. It can be very drying to the hair and irritating to the scalp. But, just because it *can* be doesn't mean it has to be! Perhaps your daughter is one for whom the product works well. And, if it works well, then she should use it! Also, children's hair seems to be different from adult's as well. I have a six-year-old son who sometimes uses shampoo with sodium lauryl sulfate and he has no problem, but I wouldn't use it on my hair or my daughter's hair.I'm not a stylist at all, but if you have permed hair, I'd be *very* careful with what you use on your hair. At least to begin with, that's when I would use a salon product that a stylist recommends just to see how my hair reacts with the perm. Are you happy with the shampoo you're now using?> The bottle says:> Corrects, Restores, Structurizes> Insusium 23 Moisturizing Shampoo infuses hair with 23> essential pro-vitamin and hair treatment ingredients> to instantly correct, restore and structurize hair.> Cleanses thoroughly to remove dirt, oil and styling> product residue. Leaves hair remoisturized, shiny,> silky and ready for styling.> Deep cleanses and instantly smoothes roughened hair> cuticle.Well, obviously the company wants to sell you the shampoo! Unfortunately, you really can't believe what the advertising people write on the label of nearly *any* shampoo or conditioner. Ones that say they're perfectly fine for colored or permed hair often are not. That's why it's very important to read labels for yourself. There was a great illustration in MAD magazine a long time ago where an ordinary pencil was illustrated and they pretended it was an ad and wrote all kinds of wonderful and miraculous "selling" points just for a plain old lead pencil!!Incidentally, some of the Infusium 23 shampoos contain sodium lauryl sulfate and some do not.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
I wasn't quite done when I accidentally hit post reply!I wanted to ask: Is the bottle off of which you read the ingredients the same kind that was used on your daughter?The Infusium shampoos that do contain sodium lauryl sulfate are the Professional Pro-Vitamin Shampoo Maximum Body Shampoo, Shampoo Color/Permed for Overstress Hair, and Shampoo Moisturizing Fromula for Normal to Dry Hair.The Infusium 23 shampoo which does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate is the Shampoo UV Protection Formula for Damaged Hair.Bottom line -- if you like the results on her hair and it isn't causing problems, keep using it!Happy Holidays!Jena
brenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
Hi, I tried the infusium 23 once and found that although it made my hair very shiny and managable, it also felt like it was coated in plastic. I believe it relies on silicones to produce this effect.Check to see if the product you're using contains silicones... these can make hair espesially shiny and managable very quickly, but aren't very good for hair in the long run.I hope this helps.
brenda
liane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
> I wanted to ask: Is the bottle off of which you read> the ingredients the same kind that was used on your> daughter?Yep, I was over there today and looked at her bottle and it's the same. It's the moisturizing formula for normal to dry hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic