Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcompletely disgusted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: completely disgusted
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:01am
I guess I should begin with my reasons for coloring.I was getting very gray at age 27 so I decided to get rid of the grey. My hair is a warm medium brown..number 4-6? Extremely thick and vavy/curly.Well..I've been told that because of the elements and blow drying, my hair turned brassy reddish-orange (oxidation?). I tried covering it up professionaly using ash brown coloring. Would you believe every single time I had it colored, the color would wash out in three weeks and back comes the orange!Stylists have used 'Red-out', several types of salon colorings with an ash base and still no luck. So, instead of dishing out big bucks every couple of months (had to give the locks a break), I started buying semi-and permanant color from the local CVS.My hair is still extremely dry and reddish-orange from the middle of my head and it will take a couple of years to grow out. I refuse to cut it since it takes forever just to get it past the shoulders. (my hair grows slowly and I get regular trims).No one seems to have the answer...can you help me?Forever grateful!!! Maria
Jul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:01am
> I guess I should begin with my reasons for coloring.> I was getting very gray at age 27 so I decided to get> rid of the grey. My hair is a warm medium> brown..number 4-6? Extremely thick and vavy/curly.> Well..I've been told that because of the elements and> blow drying, my hair turned brassy reddish-orange> (oxidation?). I tried covering it up professionaly> using ash brown coloring. Would you believe every> single time I had it colored, the color would wash out> in three weeks and back comes the orange!> Stylists have used 'Red-out', several types of salon> colorings with an ash base and still no luck. So,> instead of dishing out big bucks every couple of> months (had to give the locks a break), I started> buying semi-and permanant color from the local CVS.> My hair is still extremely dry and reddish-orange from> the middle of my head and it will take a couple of> years to grow out. I refuse to cut it since it takes> forever just to get it past the shoulders. (my hair> grows slowly and I get regular trims).> No one seems to have the answer...can you help me?> Forever grateful!!! MariaAre you using professional products at home? I would recommend Redkens Color Extend shampoo and leave-in treatment.
Sunshine
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:02am
> I guess I should begin with my reasons for coloring.> I was getting very gray at age 27 so I decided to get> rid of the grey. My hair is a warm medium> brown..number 4-6? Extremely thick and vavy/curly.> Well..I've been told that because of the elements and> blow drying, my hair turned brassy reddish-orange> (oxidation?). I tried covering it up professionaly> using ash brown coloring. Would you believe every> single time I had it colored, the color would wash out> in three weeks and back comes the orange!> Stylists have used 'Red-out', several types of salon> colorings with an ash base and still no luck. So,> instead of dishing out big bucks every couple of> months (had to give the locks a break), I started> buying semi-and permanant color from the local CVS.> My hair is still extremely dry and reddish-orange from> the middle of my head and it will take a couple of> years to grow out. I refuse to cut it since it takes> forever just to get it past the shoulders. (my hair> grows slowly and I get regular trims).> No one seems to have the answer...can you help me?> Forever grateful!!! Maria
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:02am
Yes, I've always used professional products immediately after a coloring process. What I'm trying to do now is get rid of the red. Suggestions?My other alternative is to add extensions. I'm thinking of buying human hair and having them sewn into wefts. Any idea how much something like this will cost? (as in cost per weft?)Thanks much!
Jul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:02am
> Yes, I've always used professional products> immediately after a coloring process. What I'm trying> to do now is get rid of the red. Suggestions?> My other alternative is to add extensions. I'm> thinking of buying human hair and having them sewn> into wefts. Any idea how much something like this will> cost? (as in cost per weft?)> Thanks much!Maria, Matrix makes a semi-permanent color called Hybrid.I used it over highlights that came out too red and it covered great and lasted a long time.I used a level 4 (not sure of the name).Maybe somebody in your area carries it.It should make the growing out process easier to live with and is gentler on your hair.I'm guessing with all the color you've used its been pulled through the ends often enough to break down the cuticle, meaning it just won't hold color any longer.Good luck. p.s. You should also invest in a color shampoo and cond.Aveda makes a great one.
Sunshine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic