Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtaking care of my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: taking care of my hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:01am
I have somewhat fine tectured hair. Whenever it gets wet it frizzes up. When I blow it dry, its still frizzy. Most shampoos tangle up my hair and the hair dressing I use is usually to heavy for my hair. What kind of products would you recommend for a african-american with long hair to use.
Renita View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:01am
>I have relaxed shoulder length hair and here are the products I use. Since my hair tends to get "used to" products, I use a variety of items.Shampoo: Creme of Nature, L'Oreal NutriVive, Motions, Suave Daily Clarifying (every six weeks).Conditioner: Motions CPR, Aussie 3-minute (I use these as deep conditioners), NutriVive, L'Oreal HydriVive.Leave in conditioner: Sebastian's Potion #9, Gentle Treatment conditioner and styling lotion, Motions styling foam.Before you blowdry, comb leave-in conditioner through your hair with wide-tooth comb. After blowdrying, apply a light oil (right now, I'm using African Pride Oil after blowdrying and daily) and brush. My hair tends to straighten out nicely. I also use Soft Sheen Frizz-Free serum as added protection. You can use this either before or after blowdrying. Also, alternate between blowdrying and wet wrapping your hair to save your hair. All the products I use came from either a drug store or beauty supply store (Motions, Potion #9). Sorry this is long. Hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic