Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProtective styles for short hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protective styles for short hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:05am
I've read on many websites that the key to hair growth is protecting the ends with hairstyles such as buns that prevent hair exposure to the elements. Well, I have short hair which is impossible to wear up. Any suggestions for styles that will minimize dry ends? (I cannot wear hats or scarves where I work, so that is not an option). Also I sleep in magnetic rollers secured with metal clips each night, would this contribute to breakage?
DevJam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:05am
Instead of sleeping with rollers, wrap your hair at night. Sleeping in rollers pull your hair and contribute to breakage. If you can't protect your day during the day, protect it at night by wrapping and moisturizing. If nothing else, just keep your hair extra moisturized during the day. Like Wanakee said, half a day is better than nothing at all.-DJ
DJ
Gen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:05am
Thank you for your response. My biggest fear about wrapping my hair at night instead of setting it on rollers is the fact that when I wake up, I have no style at all! It's just flat and shapeless, so in order for me to have some sort of style, I would have to curl it with the curling iron, which I wouldn't want to do because of the heat. Any other suggestions to overcome this? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic