Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp - need color advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help - need color advice
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:05am
I am a natural medium blonde (think of Brittney Spears natural color but a little lighter) and I have *never* colored, dyed, or highlited by hair. I have been itching to lighten it, just to see what I'd look like as a lighter blonde, but I'm terribly scared that my weakened hair will be damaged. I scoured the internet for natural lightening methods, but can't find anything. I need advice. Should I go ahead and try it? Is there any natural lightening remedy that won't destroy my hair?
brenda
Jul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:06am
> I am a natural medium blonde (think of Brittney Spears> natural color but a little lighter) and I have *never*> colored, dyed, or highlited by hair. I have been> itching to lighten it, just to see what I'd look like> as a lighter blonde, but I'm terribly scared that my> weakened hair will be damaged. I scoured the internet> for natural lightening methods, but can't find> anything. I need advice. Should I go ahead and try it?> Is there any natural lightening remedy that won't> destroy my hair?Why do you feel your hair is damaged?I'm assuming you perm it as you have mentioned it's never been colored.You're hair should lift up nicely with color.You might consider a partial highlight but let your stylist determine if it is healthy enough to do this.
Sunshine
anardoca View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anardoca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2000 at 8:17am
My understanding is that you can't really lighten the hair with a natural product. You need to use chemicals! It's the only thing that will work. If you want highlights, I highly recommend going to a salon the first time. If the highlights are subtle, you will only have to go every few months. Home highlighting can be disasterous if you don't know what you're doing. Ask for a high lift tint rather than bleach. You can ask if they use this when you call for an appointment. It will keep your hair from being damaged. You can get highlights without damage -- absolutely.

Abby
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic