Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToday's Hair Tip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today's Hair Tip
    Posted: January 20 2000 at 6:48am

Ever since I stopped coloring my hair, I've noticed that it's oiler. I now have to wash it every day. Sometimes my bangs look greasy sooner.

Today's hair tip says that color helps soak up excess oil. That makes sense in my experience, but will a semi-permanent color do the trick? I'd hate to stick permanent color in my hair again.

Thanks!
Ally
DA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2000 at 11:28am
Hi Ally,

My experience is that semi-permanent color will also dry out your hair. But, not as badly and it also does less harm to the hair itself. You will also ned to be very careful with your choice of shampoo as the semi-permanent will wash out easier.

DA
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2000 at 3:41pm
Hi Ally,

I'm sure you know all of this, but I just have to say it.

Hair that's been lightened is hair that's had its cuticle layer roughened up and the strands are less integral and more porous than before (and thus more able to "soak up" oil).

It seems very odd to me that this "ability" would be seen as a benefit of haircoloring, and that it would be seen as a preferable to washing once a day if that's what your hair seems to need. What kind of shampoo do you primarily use?

Dave
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2000 at 7:00pm
Hi, Dave.

Sorry for the delay, but I've been away. I use a few different shampoos, mostly Aveda Shampure and lately a drugstore brand called Thicker, Fuller Hair. The oiliness shows up no matter what.

I don't mind washing my hair every day, but I hate that my hair NEEDS a shampoo after 24 hours. (It's oily enough at the roots that I can't get away with just putting it up.) Also, I can't wear bangs and have them look neat, because they appear greasy and messy late in the day.

I just came back from the darkness that is damaged hair, and I'm enjoying long hair without tangles or dryness. But it is looking a bit limp.....

Suggestions?

Ally
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2000 at 7:00pm
Hi, Dave.

Sorry for the delay, but I've been away. I use a few different shampoos, mostly Aveda Shampure and lately a drugstore brand called Thicker, Fuller Hair. The oiliness shows up no matter what.

I don't mind washing my hair every day, but I hate that my hair NEEDS a shampoo after 24 hours. (It's oily enough at the roots that I can't get away with just putting it up.) Also, I can't wear bangs and have them look neat, because they appear greasy and messy late in the day.

I just came back from the darkness that is damaged hair, and I'm enjoying long hair without tangles or dryness. But it is looking a bit limp.....

Suggestions?

Ally
Blueskys View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2000 at 10:45pm
Yes I have tryed using just non purment hair colouring and it will help with the oily hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic