Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBoys with Plaits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andrea5087 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boys with Plaits
    Posted: January 20 2000 at 3:28pm
When I get the chance I like to dress my little boy up, at weekends. He has long hair and Ive been getting tired of brushing his hair into a pony tail.. I think hed look really cute with bangs and two french braids like his sister, has anyone else experimented with plaiting or braiding boys hair?
shemarie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shemarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2000 at 10:38pm
I would be careful with making a boy's hair look like his sisters. You don't want him or others to be confused and think he's a girl. I have three boys and I think they look very cute with a profesional close hair cut.
hre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2000 at 9:06am
You did not say how old your boy is. In the US, this would be a sure way to have folks think he was a girl. I don't see anything wrong with that necessarily as long as your boy is OK with that. Is he old enough to express an opinion on the matter?
prettylongcurls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettylongcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2000 at 4:10pm
I think it would look really cool. Hair is hair no matter what gender anybody is. Would you curl the bangs or leave them straight?

kyle
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2000 at 5:20am
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2000 at 4:59am
Curiously a lot of people thinks he looks like a girl anyway, especially as Ive pierced his ears, and hes used to it, so putting his hair into a more feminine style shouldnt cause any problems?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2000 at 5:03am
I havent decided, his dad said that being as Id pierced his ears for christmas, if I french braid his hair, I may as well as put him in a dress. I think he was being sarcastic, but.......it might be fun!
hre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2000 at 2:29pm
This is perhaps getting a little off topic but you sound very progressive, possibly ahead of your time.

I believe the fact that it is generally OK for females to imitate males (short hair, boyish clothes, using boyish names etc) but taboo for males to imitate females (wearing dresses, makeup, long fingernails, giving a female name to a boy etc) is a sign that although the women's movement has come a long way that women are still looked down on in our society. When being a sissy is no worse than being a tomboy it will be a sign that the women have arrived. perhaps you are leading the way.
prettylongcurls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettylongcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2000 at 11:03pm
you should set it in rollers first, a nice curl always looks good on long hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic