Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaria dropping by and saying hi :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sunflowergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunflowergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maria dropping by and saying hi :)
    Posted: January 24 2000 at 5:16pm

Hi Everyone :)

Sorry, I haven't been around lately but I've been busy working on my website (Also, I've been a little hesitant to come to any of hair sites because after trying all the wonderful advice all you wonderful people have given me, I have found that most shampoos mentioned don't work for me . Onespecially cheap shampoos like White Rain, Suave, ect. They make my scalp itch! It was becoming sort of frustrating for awhile there and I sort of gave up on my scalp and hair. LOL!) of the special web pages I decided to create awhile ago was a skin & hair page especially for those of us with scalp disorders. I put the finishing touches on it a few days ago and even added some amusing personal pictures I took years ago posing with my dandruff shampoo as a joke. LOL! I am hoping it will encourage and help others with sebborheic dermatitis as well as other scalp conditions and let people know they are not along. Hope you enjoy! If you visit, please let me know you've been by the site and sign my guestbook. Thank you so much!!

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Farm/4850/hair.html

By the way, I have good news!! I had to visit my doctor for an asmtha re-check a week ago (She told me my asmtha, allergies, excema, and sebborheic dermatitis is all inherited) AND during my visit she asked me if I wanted to visit a dermatologist. Of course, I said yes!! I had wanted to visit one for a couple years now, but the last time I asked my doctor told me "A dermatologist is not going to tell you anything that I can't tell you" so I kind of gave
up asking. Kinda funny, all of a sudden during my last doctor's visit she'd ask me if I wanted to see one, but who cares?! I'm finally going to be able to see one and find outwhat's really going on with my scalp and skin, how to treat it, ect. My appointment is in early February. I can't wait!!

By the way, the only shampoo I tried that seems to work very well for my sensitive scalp and hair is Aubrey Organic's Jay shampoo. It makes it soft, full of body, and when I use it my scalp feels wonderful. It's the only one I use now and it seems to do the trick!!

Miss chatting with you guys here!!

*Hugs*
Maria :)

PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2000 at 9:49pm
Good to have you back, Maria! My favorite shampoo is the JAY as well. I found that for me, the Calaguala shampoo helps the dandruff, the Selenium Blue helps the breakouts, but the JAY shampoo helps both the dandruff and the breakouts. Since using the JAY, my scalp has never felt as good. And you're right: even though it's supposed to be for dry hair, the JAY adds lots of body to the hair, leaving it oh so soft and touchable. I'm curious about the Mandarin shampoo. Have you tried it? Tell me more about your favorite products.

I'm having very good success with Aubrey products. Yesterday I did the Protein treatment (BGA Mask), and today, my hair is soft and shiny. As I walked, I could feel my bangs brush gently against my forehead. I keep wanting to touch my hair. As for the conditioners, the GPB really grows on me. At first I liked it just because it was natural and because it smelled nice. Now, as time went by, I can really see a difference in my hair's texture. It is strong, shiny, and there are practically no split ends. The jojoba oil seems to help too in that respect.

Congradulate me: my hair is now down to my knees! I remember how it looked a few years ago: thin, limp, and lots of split ends. Now that I take care of it, it has a lot more volume and tons of shine. The Hair Boutique has really helped me learn the proper way of taking care of my hair (special thanks to Karen for this site, and to Jade for the vitamin info).

Listen, about your scalp condition. Have you tried massaging your scalp with essential oils? This has really helped some people. I hear that the best oils for the scalp are cedarwood, rosemary, and tea tree oils. I've also heard of people using horseradish for hairloss and dandruff. Personally, I don't use oils. They take a lot of time, and I didn't notice much of a difference. However, this was before I found the JAY shmpoo, and my rubbing the scalp might have irritated the sensitive skin. Now that my scalp problems have pretty much cleared up, I might go back to using the oils.

You take care of yourself, Maria,
PD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic