Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLong, thick hair accessories???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JENNIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JENNIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long, thick hair accessories???
    Posted: January 26 2000 at 4:24pm
I have hair to the middle of my back. I have a lot of hair, it is really thick and straight. I can't do anything with it but put it in a pony tail or wear it down. I would love to find some accessories that will hold my hair in professional and "on-the-town" up-dos. I have tried just about every clip made and can't find anything that will hold all of my hair. Does anyone know of a catalog or website where I can purchase accessories for THICK hair?
Firegarnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firegarnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2000 at 11:43pm
Hi jennie.

I have a lot of hair that is to my butt and I too have difficulty finding accesories that will hold even half of it up. One trick I use is to loop a scrunchie (doubling it or twisting it if a large scrunchie) around the hair that I want to hold up, then sticking a hair stick of some kind through it. I mean to stick the stick in, inside the loop of the scrunchie to the scalp, tilting it, running the stick along the scalp (or close), and then tilting it up, so that the point comes out inside the other end of the loop of the scrunchie. I hope that makes sense! It might take a bit of toying with, but it works wonderfully for me. I even sleep with my hair in a loose bun on the top of my head and a scrunchie looped over it and a hair stick holding the hair and the scrunchie on top of the hair.
Firegarnet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic