Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtaking care of highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Connie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: taking care of highlights
    Posted: February 01 2000 at 3:57pm
I recently had my hair highlighted and I love the way it turned out, however it is a little dry. Is it safe to use a clairifying shampoo (once a week to get rid of build-up) and hot oil treatment on my new highlights? I was told once that hot oil treatments can strip or dull highlights.
Bunny7744 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny7744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2000 at 12:28pm
I have honey blonde hair that lightens out in the summer. My natural highlights come in 2 streaks - one at each temple. So, needlesstosay I look like the bride of frankenstien!! After 3 years of hearing "You know, Tanya, your hair would look awesome with highlights" from my stylist, I finally let him do it. I loved it!!

He recommended Matrix Protein X (think that is the right name. I can check on that for you.) Email me directly at bunny7744@usa.net if you are interested.

I do a conditioning treatment 1-2 times a week. Deepending on how dry it is. Wash my hair, put the conditioner on, put a 1 gallon storage bag (the ones with out the ziploc) over my hair. This helps hold in the heat. he said wrap a towel around my head for an hour since I don't have a dryer I can sit under. I can't get the towel to stay on so I wear a knitted winter hat that is insulated instead.

On a side note, Since I am blonde and have blonde highlights, I use Clairol Shimmer Lights shampoo every so often to keep my hair bright. How often I use it depends on how many times I style my hair. I may only use hairspray etc once a week.

tanya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic