Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNature's Gate Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
la dalia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote la dalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nature's Gate Products
    Posted: February 08 2000 at 8:30am
This Cher person on Nature's Gate seems a bit egocentric about her hair . . . but anyway . . .

I have been using Nature's Gate products for over 20 years.

All of their product lines are fantastic, in particular the original shampoo and conditioner.

I live in holland now and ship it over in gallons.

Thanks for spreading the word!

T

Tanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2000 at 11:23am
I have to totally agree (not about Cher - I admit to being very self appreciative of my hair too, and rightly) about Nature's Gate; I adore the original herbal conditioner....everything about the sludgy brown stuff *grin*. Unfortunately my husband can't stand the smell and wrinkles his nose whenever he gets near my hair on the days I use it, but that's just too bad...it's my favorite thing to use on my hair after a hot oil treatment.
tkskilton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkskilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2000 at 2:18pm
I am not a person who uses the internet for much. BUT, I am beyond furious from dealing with a seemingly never ending problem caused by Nature's Gate shampoo & conditioner. Because I have not been able to locate the company or an internet site for them I did a search an ended up here and (apology here) am going to vent my hatred for that company now. I have always had perfectly healthy hair and no problems with my scalp. 4 months ago I decided to try a "natural" product to better serve the environment. After browsing the Natural Section I selected the Nature's Gate shampoo & conditioner. As a result of using their product I have the worst case of dandruff/dry scalp ever. I have gone to a high end salon for treatments finally and it is costing me a mint to repair the damage done by their product. I have NEVER had so much as a flake in my life until trying it. Now I have been personally and professionaly embarrased beyond belief. I am desperate for advice about how to remedy this problem without having to waste much more money. PLEASE help if you have any wisdom about this problem. I would be grateful to the point that I would consider naming my next child after you!

Thanks,
Tamara in Seattle, WA
Alexandra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2000 at 4:17pm

Hey, Tamara,

You poor thing.  Well, go to your nearest drugstore and grab some Nizoral.  It works very well for me when I get the itchies/flakies and since you only use it a couple times a week, your hair doesn't look like crap like it does with tar shampoos (oi, T-Gel). 

You could also try Aubrey Organics JAY shampoo.  I realize you're probably scared off of natural stuff, but from this board I've read some people have experienced irritation since Nature's Gate isn't technically "all-natural" --it has SLS in it, I believe.  The only prob I have with the JAY is the smell (which fades) and the lack of lather since it has no SLS.  I have had a scalp improvment with this stuff and no irritation.

Name your child Stacey, Alexandra is my net name ;-)

Good Luck!

Alex

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic