Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DRY HAIR!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DRY HAIR!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
I have a prob. I have naturally curly hair. And being a teenager its IMPORTANT to have nice hair. Well, i did the stupid thing and havent had my hair trimmed in over 6 months. So i went and got it trimmed. Only that didnt help. My hair is so split up it looks HORRIBLE!! My hair is SO dry i cant help it! I have used used Vo Hot oil, Pantien Pro V stuff, and ALL kinds of conditioners. Also, my hair is layered. One layer is like 4 inches past my shoulders and the other is like 2 inches past my shoulders so it looks neat. The only prob is, IT WONT SHINE!! Or be soft.Any idea;s? PLEASE HELP!
theresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED!! I TOO HAVE CURLY HAIR AND AS OF LAST YEAR, I DECIDED TO STOP BUYING EVERY PRODUCT TO STRAIGHTEN IT AND DECIDED TO ACCEPT MY CURLS/AND SOMETIMES FRIZZY WAVES. HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. STOCK UP ON BIOLOGE CONDITIONING BALM (THE GREATEST) OR YOU CAN BUY THE GENERIC VERSION WHICH I FOUND TO BE JUST AS GOOD AT A TENTH OF THE PRICE. ONLY SHAMPOO YOUR HAIR ONCE EVERY TWO OR THREE DAYS. INVEST IN OUIDAD'S STYLING GEL WHICH IS THE BEST. AFTER A MONTH, GO TO HER SALON AND GET A HAIRCUT AND BUT HER PRODUCTS. I LOVE THE SHAMPOO AND STYLING GEL BECAUSE I NO LONGER BLOW OUT MY HAIR AND EVERYONE THINKS I GOT A HEALTHY PERM. GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW!!
jenny timm View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenny timm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
> I have a prob. I have naturally curly hair. And being> a teenager its IMPORTANT to have nice hair. Well, i> did the stupid thing and havent had my hair trimmed in> over 6 months. So i went and got it trimmed. Only that> didnt help. My hair is so split up it looks HORRIBLE!!> My hair is SO dry i cant help it! I have used used Vo> Hot oil, Pantien Pro V stuff, and ALL kinds of> conditioners. Also, my hair is layered. One layer is> like 4 inches past my shoulders and the other is like> 2 inches past my shoulders so it looks neat. The only> prob is, IT WONT SHINE!! Or be soft.> Any idea;s? PLEASE HELP!try going to a hair styleist and askthem ?'s and you'll get answers.:)(mabey)>=-)
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
Have no fear,... I too have naturally curly hair and after 22 years, I have finally come to terms with it. Yes, I used to blow it straight--tugging and pulling so I could get that great "Rachel" look-- In the end, all I was left with was dry, damaged hair. However,...there is light at the end of the curly-hair tunnel. Forgo those "trendy" looks for ones that suit your hair texture. For us curly girls, we should look to inspirations like Julia Roberts and Keri Russell, who have proven that curls are cool. But to get those smooth, shiny curls I suggest using ARTec smoothing shampoo and conditioner along with ARTec smoothing serum. After applying the serum to your wet hair, let hair air dry or difuse dry. Then, (and this is so important) get yourself a 1" curling iron and selectively fine tune your curls (you don't have to do your entire head, just select curls). I can't stress how important this curling iron step is,... but just think, when you see Nicole Kidman or that blonde John Freida Frizz-Ease girl,...they have had their ringlets curled...trust me! In the long run, if you learn to live with your natural texture, you can afford to have less trims in the long run because you wont be damaging your hair as much. Best of luck!
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
>Hi,can anyone tell me where I can find ARTec in Australia (ADELAIDE), as I have have never seen it & would love to try a new product other than Joico.Thanks, Simone.(C).Have no fear,... I too have naturally curly hair and> after 22 years, I have finally come to terms with it.> Yes, I used to blow it straight--tugging and pulling> so I could get that great "Rachel" look-- In> the end, all I was left with was dry, damaged hair.> However,...there is light at the end of the curly-hair> tunnel. Forgo those "trendy" looks for ones> that suit your hair texture. For us curly girls, we> should look to inspirations like Julia Roberts and> Keri Russell, who have proven that curls are cool. But> to get those smooth, shiny curls I suggest using ARTec> smoothing shampoo and conditioner along with ARTec> smoothing serum. After applying the serum to your wet> hair, let hair air dry or difuse dry. Then, (and this> is so important) get yourself a 1" curling iron> and selectively fine tune your curls (you don't have> to do your entire head, just select curls). I can't> stress how important this curling iron step is,... but> just think, when you see Nicole Kidman or that blonde> John Freida Frizz-Ease girl,...they have had their> ringlets curled...trust me! In the long run, if you> learn to live with your natural texture, you can> afford to have less trims in the long run because you> wont be damaging your hair as much. Best of luck!
melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:55pm
You may want to try to put a few drops of jojoba oil or coconut oil on your split and dry ends. I find it works wonders on my dry and curly hair. I only use about 2 or 3 drops to make sure that my hair is not to greasy. I definitly recommend this if you use heat on your hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic