Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yorkshire Hairdressing Federation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SassyUK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yorkshire Hairdressing Federation
    Posted: November 20 2000 at 7:40am
Although I'm still at college, I decided to participate in the Yorkshire Hairdressing Federation Competition (Junior Evening Style) which was today. I had never attended one before, and I had no help or advice from my tutors but what the heck! I always did jump in at the deep end. I tried hard to create a style that was easy enough to do in 35 minutes and one which took into account the latest fashion trends. I thought I'd done it! Whilst attempting my masterpiece I quickly looked around to see what the other stylist were doing. I wish I hadn't. There was glitter and hair extensions, curls and swirls all over the place and makeup so bold that they certainly wouldn't have got lost in the dark. Of course, my creation didn't have anything like that - only a pair of crimpers, several kirby grips, hairspray oh and a few sequins! I carried on feeling as though I'd made an absolute fool of myself this time. I felt as though I'd failed before I'd even started! Oh well, I thought, it was a good experience. I was glad that no-one had turned up from college to give me that support they promised.

When the winners were announced secretly I hoped they'd give me a medal for my audacity in participating. Alas, they didn't. Tried to console myself in the ladies loo. An announcement was made that the score sheets could be looked at if anyone wanted to. I wanted to, I really did but I was sooooo scared of seeing that I'd come last on the list that I couldn't. My model's sister in law, wasn't so coy. When she came back I wanted to know how far down the list I'd come. Did I really hit the bottom? The answer to that was NO! I came 7th out of 20! That's not bad is it? I think I did really well. So where's my pat on the back - the husband's been asleep since before I set off and the kids have now gone to bed. So I'm here on my own with nobody to boast to about how good I am (although I don't honestly believe that) what I should have done to improve the style or whether I should have gone for a style which I'd done many times before. Oh well ca la vie! That's why I'm posting this annoucement - I'm congratulating myself when I really didn't stand a cat in hell's chance of coming anywhere in that competition - the next one though is MINE!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic