Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lament for Jennie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lament for Jennie
    Posted: October 18 2002 at 3:09am
Hey everyone! Since this is the place to just let it out, i wanted to tell you about my best friend Jennie. Until today, she had the prettiest hair I`ve ever seen (outside of TV & movies at least)- very long, straight, and a gorgeous shiny golden brown color. Everyone (myself included) was jealous of her for it, altho I always told her not to cut it. Needless to say, she got a lot of attention from guys, partly cuz she`s all around beautiful and I`m sure partly cuz of her stunning hair. Well, just today her parents (they`re snobs & even tho I`ve known Jennie since we were 8 they still don`t like me!) made her get it cut. Her mom`s really mean and said that she looks like a tramp and that she`d put an end to all of this overt male attention. Keep in mind, Jennie`s a strong girl and she`s not easy or anything- most of the attention she gets she very smoothly deflects. But her mom thinks she`s a ******, and Jennie`s got a weak spot for trying to please her parents (they`re never satisfied with anything!)After lots of arguing she caved in and went with her mom to get her hair cut. Now its barely to her chin- at least a foot and a half of hair cut off at once. She came over afterwards and cried for hours & it sucked cuz there was really nothing I could do. Her hair does look kinda cute & I think it suits her but a) it looked so much better before and b) it wasn`t at all her choice. Now she`s horribly depressed & wouldn`t stop crying all night. I wanted her to stay the night at my house cuz it`ll be bad for her when she wakes up tomorrow and realizes that she still has no hair left. I feel so bad for her! Anyway, what do you guys think? Should her mom be able to do that to her? I can understand parents deciding these things for younger kids, but Jen`s 17, and I think that`s too old for a parent to force that on their child. Has this happened to anyone else? What can you do about it? I`d like to smack that woman upside the head (she`s lucky I don`t believe in violence!). I`M SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
So, maybe if you read this you could say a little prayer for Jennie...I love that girl to death and it makes me crazy to see her so sad, not just over her hair but over her parents disappointment as well (obviously, since it`s the middle of the night and I can`t sleep cuz I`m worried about her!) Thanks everyone!
Love, Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Hazzwop View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazzwop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2002 at 11:07am
I think what she should have done to get her point across to her parents is she should of gotten a good set of clippers and shaved all her off to the scalp and then set it on fire and threw it on the bed while her parents were sleeping....yes they would have gotten the point then huh
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2002 at 4:01pm
It is not fair to do this to even a young child. Those are unfit parents plain and
simple. They clearly don`t know anything on the subject. Ingrid, does your
friend have and e-mail? Mine is piobmhorca@yahoo.ca and I was wondering,
could you give it to her please? I would like to talk privately to her and give her
some advice.

Colonel John Doe
Commanding Officer, the Cameron Highlanders Militia for Freedom and Democracy
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2002 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Highland Colonel Highland Colonel wrote:

It is not fair to do this to even a young child. Those are unfit parents plain and
simple. They clearly don't know anything on the subject. Ingrid, does your
friend have and e-mail? Mine is piobmhorca@yahoo.ca and I was wondering,
could you give it to her please? I would like to talk privately to her and give her
some advice.

Colonel John Doe
Commanding Officer, the Cameron Highlanders Militia for Freedom and Democracy

Don`t you think unfit is abit harsh? A$$holes maybe but unfit? Crackhead and abusers are unfit...
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2002 at 6:40pm
Unfit? Sherr, why not? There`s a lot more to parenting than just keeping you
alive. Those who don`t realize this should just not have any kids. These
people seem to be controlling, uppity and not really caring. Do they give
their daughter ANY opportunity for emotional support and development?
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2002 at 1:23am
Hey everyone! Thanx for writing in about this....
Actually, Jennie`s dad is all right. He`s kinda snobbery but at least he`s nice to her and shows some affection. Her mom...ugh! Yeah, I think she might have some kind of major mental and/or chemical imbalance. She`s not the type to admit any sort of `weakness` tho, so shed never go and do anything about it. Jen`s older sister is the `shining star` of the family (i.e. what their mom wants her to be), so Jennie`s sort of the one that gets ignored and pushed aside and always falls short (which is crap, cuz she`s the most wonderful person I know!). A couple of times she`s told me that my mom is more of a mother to her than her own mom is (thank God, my mom is a warm and caring person even if she has problems getting it across sometimes). Anyway, I feel kinda bad for Jen`s mom as well as disgusted & angry- to be that cold must leave no place in life for joy and peace and pleasure. Unfit? I don`t know, maybe. If she could feel for even one moment what Jennie feels, and still stay this way, then I would say so.
I know this was all kinda personal, but thanx for reading & caring.
Love to all, Ingrid (& Jennie)
P.S. Highland Colonel (great name, by the way)- I`ll give her your email adress that you posted but I dunno if she`ll write...I haven`t actually told her that I`ve written about her on here yet!
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic