Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Do You Become A Moderator?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarlaK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do You Become A Moderator?
    Posted: April 14 2003 at 6:49pm
Hi,

I have been lurking here for quite some time but am curious how someone becomes a moderator on the HairTalk boards? What is involved? Can the moderator start topics? Who do I talk to?

I would like to also ask if we could have boards for non-hair topics like dieting support, friendship & maybe a job posting/jobs needed board.

Thanks,

Carla

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 9:50am
Hi Carla,

If there is a board topic that you or anyone would like to see and you are willing to volunteer to moderate it to make sure the board flows with new topics & posts and to watch for spammers & trolls....just email me at shelton@hairboutique.com.

Jeff and I are willing to consider all reasonable requests for new board topics that relate to hair, beauty or is tied in some way. I am not opposed to a Friendship board that does not necessarily talk about hair if the majority of people here think it is a good idea?

I have also recently been asked for a board where people can post in a journal format there various hair & beauty journals. Would that be popular? I don't know. You all have to help us and tell us what you would find interesting or willing to participate in.

And finally...a diet board. We would consider that since the effect of dieting can often impact the hair although obviously hair would be a very minor aspect of the board.

So if anyone has reasonable new topics and are willing to help keep an eye on a new board let me know.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 10:43am
FWIW - I think a Friendship Board is a great idea. It would need one energetic moderator !!!!
Uzi

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 12:04pm
Karen,

I love the beauty journal idea. This way, we could keep track of one another's "hair happenings" by just tuning in. I maintained a personal journal online for a long time (now defunct) and it was fun to write in and to receive people's comments.

I would definitely post to it regularly.
[/url]

Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 4:49pm
Oh yes, a friendship board would be grand. So would the journal idea. I for one would love a diet board. What does everyone think?
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 6:43pm
I also like the friendship and diet board ideas, and would definitely participate.
Carolee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 12:25am
Yes yes yes on all of the above. I would rate my preferences to #1 - diet, #2 - hair/beauty journal but why not diet as well #3 - professional stylists #4 - hair removal. I could go on and on.

Thanks for asking our opinions. It means a lot. :-)
RealityFan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealityFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 3:03pm
Yeah, I would love the diet board. It sounds like such a great idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic