Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wahoo!  I got an audition on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wahoo! I got an audition on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wahoo! I got an audition on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire!
    Posted: July 11 2003 at 11:32pm
I just got home and was reading through my email. I have an audition for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on Monday night!!
How cool!
I wonder what my chances are of getting on the show. I dunno how many people they interview.

LOL I'll wear my best interview outfit! They like people who look scholarly.

This is the daytime version with Meredith Viera, not the primetime Regis Philbin version. Which honestly, I can't stand Regis. He's so pompous and arrogant. If I were Kathy Lee or Kelly Ripa, I woulda smacked him every day for the stuff he says to them.
But really, who cares? A million dollars is a million dollars.

Anyone have any pointers for me? Maybe I should curl my hair. Nah, maybe not.

I think I have to take an exam and fill out some questionaires so they can gauge my personality. I don't really know what to expect!

PS If anyone in the NYC area wants to audition also, just go to millionairetv.com to sign up!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2003 at 5:43am
How exciting! Best of luck SG, tell us everything.
We'll be rooting for you.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 7:44am
Wow, that's very cool! Come tomorrow we want to hear how it went...good luck girl!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 9:04am
Good luck to you SuperGrover! I'm sending good vibes your way through cyberspace. Sounds like fun!
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 9:45pm
Oh that is just too too cool.

Let us know so we can watch you!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 11:40pm
Hey everybody! Thanks so much for your support.

There were about 100 people there, and we all had to sit down and take a multiple choice trivia quiz on a Scantron sheet. Only about 20 people passed. I wasn't one of them. Oh well.

There were some hard questions! You really have to know a lot of different genres. I thought I had done pretty well, but I guess not well enough.

Maybe I'll try again next year.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 3:08pm
BTW, if you care to read more detail about my experience, it's in da journal. http://www.livejournal.com/~soopahgrover
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 5:07pm
I am sure you would have KICKED ASS on the show!

Sorry SG!

We still love you!

Elissa
[/url]

caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 8:59pm
SuperGrover,

I'm sorry you didn't get on the show. But I'm glad you gave it a try. You never know unless you try, right?

Caramia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 11:10pm
Aw, thanks guys! You're sweet.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 1:10pm
sorry traci i'm late on reading your post even though you didn't get pick [there loss ] i'm sure it was a awesome experince!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic